IBM Cognos Supply Chain Analytics is an integrated set of reporting and analysis functionalities that draws critical insights from your accounts payable, inventory, procurement, and production data to give you better visibility into core supply chain processes.
Understand operational effectiveness, quantify inefficiency, and identify where you can optimize to achieve goals faster and improve your bottom line.
IBM Cognos Supply Chain Analytics Benefits:
- Increased efficiency, revenues, and profits
- Improved demand planning and inventory turns
- Reduced costs
- Reduced carrying costs, overstock, and obsolete inventory
- More predictable logistics
- Refined and optimized sourcing efforts
- Ability to rationalize suppliers.
This view delivers insights and understanding that can drive optimization and action. Powerful pre-built metrics and reports answer critical business questions and track and analyze supply chain key performance indicators in the following areas:
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Material Handling
- Inventory Management
- Demand and Fulfillment
Supplier Relationship Management
- Most companies rely on multiple suppliers for one or all of their key components. Yet few suppliers can consistently offer the best price, the shortest delivery times, and the highest quality.
- Your objective is to refine and optimize your material sourcing efforts, increase the reliability of your supply, quantify supplier relationships, and reduce costs through increased efficiencies.
- These capabilities will lead to better supplier partnership decisions and give you leverage over suppliers in negotiations.
- Supplier Relationship Management analysis gives you visibility into your suppliers’ performance to identify trends and opportunities to increase your buying power and to help you manage your supplier relationships more effectively.
- Supplier scorecards compare and rank supplier performance by responsiveness, cost, quality, accuracy, and other factors to identify those that provide the highest value.
- A critical part of managing your supply chain processes is understanding the flow of goods through your organization.
- Materials Management analysis gives supply chain managers the ability to measure, track, and optimize the movement of raw materials, semi-finished goods, and finished goods across internal supply chain processes from purchasing through inventory to production.
- And it allows managers to quantify and analyze how effectively the organization is managing its material assets. Users can better understand the material flows throughout the organization and coordinate material movements more efficiently.
Inventory Management in IBM Cognos Supply Chain Analytics
- Any number of factors can have a dramatic effect on your inventory stock levels. Internal factors can include plant production and efficiency and product quality.
- Outside factors can include fluctuations in demand, or increased efficiencies. Your challenge is to ensure an optimal level of stock to meet usage requirements with the least impact on operating capital.
- Inventory Management analysis helps you to understand, validate, and align all the variables that impact inventory performance. This helps you reduce costs by developing inventory allocation strategies that improve your return on assets, inventory responsiveness, and inventory turns.
Demand and Fulfillment
- One of the main drivers of supply chain management is to achieve the “perfect order” for customers at every opportunity. Managers need to know where the demand is coming from, where it is greatest, who is buying the goods, and how these factors change over time.
- This information is to understand actual demand versus forecasts, and relate that to the performance of the internal supply chain. Also critical is the ability to quantify and analyze the effectiveness of the fulfillment process the ability to fulfill customer orders efficiently and in a timely manner..
- Demand and Fulfillment analysis enables you to quantify and analyze your ability to fulfill customer orders efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Fulfillment performance analysis also combines information on inventory reservations, out-of-stock events, and product backlogs to enable you to thoroughly analyze your ability to meet demand as and when promised.
- Production analysis provides decision-makers with a detailed understanding of production capacity, order and inventory management, quality, and costs.
- It also provides them with the ability to monitor, analyze, and report on issues related to scheduling, forecasting, and minimizing lead-time to order fulfillment. It can apply to discrete or repetitive manufacturing environments.
- Visibility – achieved through enabling managers at any stage of the supply chain to analyze performance data
- Accountability – achieved through sharing metrics and reports and distributing accountability for performance across the entire supply chain
- Reliability – achieved through turning unconnected data into actionable information
Having control over the supply chain and being able to analyze trends using an intelligent system brings more value to your business. We at Locus IT provide such IBM Cognos Analytics services including IBM Supply Chain Analytics training, IBM Supply Chain support and IBM Supply Chain staffing. For more details please contact us.