This course gives you the tools and practice to master the Puppet language and common design patterns, providing you with problem solving techniques and a better understanding of Puppet best practices.
What you will learn
- A mastery of fundamental Puppet language constructs.
- Usage of advanced language constructs.
- How to build well architected modules appropriate for sharing with the community.
- How to identify and compare common design patterns.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving using data provided by Puppet.
- Implementing best practices and know how to deviate when necessary.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for senior-level systems administrators and DevOps professionals with a solid understanding of configuration management strategies.
a). Basics review
b). Using Puppet data for visibility while updating code
c). Data structures in the DSL
d). New language constructs introduced in Puppet 6
e). Methods for specifying resource relationships and ordering
f). Writing custom facts & functions
a). Alternative ways of managing files, or parts of files
b). Data separation and single source of truth
c). Architecting modules and abstraction layers
d). Roles & Profiles
a). Introduction to testing Puppetcode
b). Orchestration with Puppettasks
c). Capstone Lab