Working with the MATLAB User Interface
Objective: Become familiar with the main features of the MATLAB integrated design environment and its user interfaces. Get an overview of course themes.
- Reading data from files
- Saving and loading variables
- Plotting data
- Customizing plots
- Exporting graphics for use in other applications
Variables and Commands
Objective: Enter MATLAB commands, with an emphasis on creating variables, accessing, and manipulating data in variables, and creating basic visualizations. Collect commands into scripts for ease of reproduction and experimentation.
- Entering commands
- Creating numeric and character variables
- Making and annotating plots
- Getting help
- Creating and running live scripts
Analysis and Visualization with Vectors
Objective: Perform mathematical and statistical calculations with vectors. Use MATLAB syntax to perform calculations on whole data sets with a single command. Organize scripts into logical sections for development, maintenance, and publishing.
- Performing calculations with vectors
- Accessing and modifying values in vectors
- Formatting and sharing live scripts
Analysis and Visualization with Matrices
Objective: Use matrices as mathematical objects or as collections of (vector) data. Understand the appropriate use of MATLAB syntax to distinguish between these applications.
- Creating and manipulating matrices
- Performing calculations with matrices
- Calculating statistics with matrix data
- Visualizing matrix data
Tables of Data
Objective: Import data as a MATLAB table. Work with data stored as a table.
- Storing data as a table
- Operating on tables
- Extracting data from tables
- Modifying tables
Conditional Data Selection
Objective: Extract and analyze subsets of data that satisfy given criteria.
- Logical operations and variables
- Finding and Counting
- Logical Indexing
Objective: Organize table data for analysis. Represent data using appropriate native data types.
- Combining tables of data
- Table Metadata
- Dates and Durations
- Discrete Categories
Increasing Automation with Functions
Objective: Increase Automation by Encapsulating modular tasks as user – defined functions. Understand how it Resolves References to files and Variables. Use MATLAB development tools to find and correct problems with code.
- Creating functions
- Calling functions
- Setting the MATLAB path
- Using Breakpoints
- Creating and using structures