This article explains about the Microsoft D365 On-Premise Update 2.4 for the update package 8.2.4 and version number 18.104.22.168. Ensuring that your organization has a strategy for keeping up with these changes is critical to optimizing your investment in Dynamics 365 and having the ability to easily put these new innovations to work for your business.
Dynamics 365 offers a much more simplified architecture that provides easier access via a pure browser-based user interface, eliminating the need for Remote Desktop and the Enterprise Portal (SharePoint).
MS D365 On-Premise Update 2.4 Features
Microsoft Dynamics 365 On-premise Update 2.4 resolves the following issue:
1. Performance Improvements
The following list details issues whose resolutions improve the speed or functionality of Dynamics.
- Incremental system-wide performance improvements have been made in this update.
2. Unexpected Behavior
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics that do not work as intended.
- After running a search in the Quick Find Search field, and then deleting the field’s value, no results were displayed, when instead the full list of files should be displayed.
- OOB resources were displayed in English regardless of the language setting used.
- Selecting the “Access it here” link resulted in a blank page opening instead of ISH being launched.
- Copied read-only values were stored twice into the clipboard and resulted in a duplicated value when pasted.
- When setting or selecting a date within an organization with the language set to Japanese, an incorrect era name was displayed.
3. Repaired Functionality in MS D365 On-Premise Update 2.4
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- Update 72 for Google Chrome causes file names to append characters to the filename that prevent the file from being opened.
- Contacts synced from CRM online to Outlook using server-side synchronization displayed an email address in place of the first and last name.
- The routing rule set sequence contained duplicates, and rule items could not be moved up and down when the sort arrow was clicked too frequently.
- Buttons intermittently stopped working, requiring the user to refresh the page to restore functionality.
- The regarding field was not updated when multiple users tracked the same email.
- Searching for queue items returned no results.
- Meeting attachments could not be opened after downloading them.
- Charts did not render for views with filter criteria.
- The scroll bar in the Rule Criteria section of rule item records became blocked when any routing rule sets were enabled.
- Imported managed solutions containing OOB TBX could not be deleted.
- The available regarding records changed continuously each time an email was selected (only opportunities may be shown, then opportunities and projects, and so on).
- Server-side synchronization did not reopen tasks in Outlook when the tasks were reopened in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Outlook with CRM could not be configured.
- The Global Object ID field was empty when tracking meetings/appointments in Outlook Web Access using the Mail app.
- A referenced entity was deleted when a queue item was deleted.
- The regarding of Email and Custom activities were not updated to be the Master Case after a case merge took place.
- Emails were automatically promoted when the email queue was configured to promote all emails.
- The Option Set field could not be set as Required on Dynamics 365 for Tablets.
- Updates to Appointments set entirely within the past unintentionally sends meeting invites/cancellations to attendees.
- A workflow that triggers after creating new Contact on Account entities intermittently failed.
- The CRM app for Outlook page timed out for customers with 2,000 enabled users.
- Messages were missing localization for users lacking permission to create leads and contacts.
- Child processes could not be created through custom entities.
- Appointments containing Korean characters could not be manually tracked via the CRM Outlook client.
- The camera would not open for the barcode scanner, and the scanner’s Save button was grayed out.
- KB articles could not be searched in CRM dashboards.
4. Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- Task items failed when an object reference was not set to an object instance.
- An exception occurred when editing or exporting apps.
- An error occurred when creating a holiday schedule record with dates that coincided with the change to Daylight Savings time.
- An error occurred when branching the condition on editing and removing an else branch.
- Importing the Currency Excel file failed with an error.
- An error occurred when opening Service activities from an SLA Associated view.
- An error occurred when exporting order products.
- An error occurred when importing reports.
- Emails with attachments failed to send.
- An error occurred when editing rollup calculations for the Rating field.
To help clients stay up to date on their Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution, Locus IT offers a supervised service that helps organizations develop and execute a strategy for keeping their MS D365 environments updated at the optimal frequency level for their business. For more information, please contact us.