This article describes the MS D365 for Retail Version 10.0.1 features that are new or changed in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail is an end-to-end solution for mid-size and enterprise retailers that offers multi-channel management, point of sale, store operations, e-commerce, merchandising, enterprise resource planning, some other capabilities and so much more.
Using Dynamics 365 as your main software, will result in easier and faster access to information on your business processes. It will also make it easier to keep track of activities such as purchases, sales, invoices and inventory. With this information on hand, you will have the opportunity to make smarter decisions about your future activities and create the perfect steps to grow your business.
MS D365 for Retail Version 10.0.1 Features
- View POS extension package information
This feature lists the extension packages that are included as part of the core POS, and it lets you view status information and other details. In the Settings view in the Point Of Sale (POS), the Extension packages section shows the list of POS extension packages that are included as part of the core POS.
The tile for each package shows the status of that package. The package status indicates whether the extension was loaded, could not be loaded, or was skipped.
- Prorate header charges to matching sales lines
This feature provides functionality for grouping header-level auto-charges and prorating them to retail sales lines. You can now configure header-level auto-charges so that all modes of delivery on the order are considered when charges are calculated. This functionality requires a more complex calculation logic to calculate the header-level charges.
The logic groups together all the items that are shipped by using the same mode of delivery, and it treats that group as the calculation group for the items when it calculates the header-level auto-charges. For items that have the same mode of delivery, auto-charges are calculated based on the combined sales value of the items. In this way, the appropriate auto-charge tier is determined.
- Loyalty changes
Functionality has been added to enhance the loyalty features in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail. In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail, you can set up simple or complex loyalty programs that applies across your legal entities in any retail channel. You can set up the loyalty program so that they include the following options.
- Set up multiple types of rewards that you offer in your loyalty programs and track participation in your loyalty programs.
- Set up the loyalty programs that represent the different reward incentives that you offer. You can include loyalty program tiers to offer greater incentives and rewards to customers who shop more frequently or spend more money in your stores.
- Define the earning rules to identify the activities that a customer must finish to earn rewards. You can also define redemption rules to identify when and how a customer can redeem rewards.
- Manually adjust the loyalty cards, or transfer the loyalty rewards balance from one card to another to hold or reward a customer.
By integrating our industry leading consulting, strategy, implementation and technology capabilities, Locus IT provides a globally supported, flexible, agile and unified commerce solution which, permits modern retailers to not only meet, but exceed their customers evolving expectations by providing brand right experience. For more information, please contact us.