The latest release of MS D365 Customer Engagement App for Outlook works with Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement apps version 9.0. Use Dynamics 365 App for Outlook to tap the power of Customer Engagement while you’re using Outlook on the desktop, web, or phone.
If you are a system administrator or a customizer, you can choose to expose only the required set of entities to be available to Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.You can do this through App Modules.
With the PowerApps App Designer, you can control the specific entities that get displayed in D365 App for Outlooks Quick Create menu and the Regarding lookup. This helps you get to the record you are looking for faster and also modularize business logic by exposing only the relevant entities for your users in Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.
MS D365 Customer Engagement App for Outlook Entities Filter
- From the main menu navigate to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System > Apps.
- Double-click Dynamics 365 App for Outlook to open the App Designer
- Choose Add > Entities and then select the entity you want to add and complete the addition by including all assets.
- Review the list of Views that are available for the entity and remove the ones you do not want to be available in D365 App for Outlook. In MS D365 App for Outlook Regarding lookup, you can filter the results based on an entity and further, on one of the views defined for that entity.
- Save your changes and publish the customization.
Dynamics 365 App for Outlook Fields Search
To have Dynamics 365 App for Outlook Regarding lookup search on custom fields, that field must be added to the entity’s lookup view view.
- In Customer Engagement, go to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System.
- Choose an entity, then choose Views.
- Open Account Lookup View.
- Enable the custom field, and then choose OK.
- Choose Save > Publish on the Home tab.
Dynamics 365 App for Outlook Track Regarding Card Customization
The admin can change what’s displayed in the card that appears when you track the regarding email. For example, you might want to replace Mobile Phone with Company Name in the Contact card.
To change the fields that appear, follow these steps:
- In D365 Customer Engagement, go to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System.
- Expand the Entities and select an entity such as Contact.
- Expand the entity and select Forms, then select the App for Outlook Contact Card form.
- Drag Company Name above Business Phone.
- Select Save, Publish, and then close the form editor.
- On the solution page, Publish All Customizations.
- Close the solutions page.
After completing the above, right-click in the track regarding card, and then choose Reload. It will take a few minutes for the synchronization to complete and the change to appear. The company name now appears after the contact name in the Contact card.
When D365 App for Outlook is installed, depending on which version of the app is installed, you will see a Customer Engagement pane or window next to a selected Outlook email message, or when composing an email message or setting up a meeting or appointment. For more information on Locus IT‘s Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement services, please contact us.