Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Sales Quote is created to record the offer to a customer to sell certain products on certain delivery and payment terms. You can convey the sales quote to the customer to communicate the offer. You can email the document as a PDF attachment. You can also have the email body prefilled with a summary of the quote.
While you negotiate with the customer, you can change and resend the sales quote as much as needed. When the customer acquires the quote, you convert the sales quote to a sales invoice or a sales order in which you process the sale. You can fill customer fields on the sales quote in two ways depending on whether the customer is already registered.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Sales Quote Creation
- Choose the search icon, enter Sales Quotes, and then choose the related link.
- In the Customer field, enter the name of an existing customer.
Other fields on the Sales Quote page contain standard information of the selected customer. If the customer is not registered, follow these following steps:
- In the Customer field, enter the name of the new customer.
- In the dialog box about registering the new customer, select the Yes button.
- On the Select a template for a new customer page, select a template to base the new customer card on, and then choose the OK button.
- A new customer card shows the information on the selected customer template. Fill in the remaining fields.
- When you have completed the customer card, choose the OK button to return to the Sales Quote page.
Several fields on the sales quote are now containing the information that you specified on the new customer card.
- Fill in the remaining fields on the Sales Quote page as necessary. Go over a field to read a short description.
Now fill in the sales order lines for products that you are selling to the customer or for any transaction with the customer that you require to record in a G/L account.
If you have set up recurring sales lines for the customer, such as a monthly replenishment order, then you can add these lines on the order by choosing the Get Recurring Sales Lines action.
- On the Lines FastTab, in the Type field, choose what type of product, charge, or transaction that will be posted for the customer with the sales line.
- In the No. field, choose a record to post according to the value in the Type field.
You leave the No. field empty in the following cases:
- If the line is for a comment. Write the comment inside the Description field.
- If the line is for a catalog item. Choose the Select Catalog Items action.
- In the Quantity field, enter how many units of the product, charge, or transaction that the line will record for the customer.
- If you want to give a discount, type a percentage in the Line Discount % field. The value inside the Line Amount field will update accordingly.
If special item prices are set up on the Sales Prices and Sales Line Discounts FastTab on the customer or item card, the price and amount on the sales line updates automatically if the price criteria is matched.
- Repeat the steps 9 through 12 for every product you want to offer the customer.
- In the Invoice Discount Amount field, enter an amount that should be deducted from the value shown in the Total Incl. Tax field.
If you have set up invoice discounts for the customer, then the specified percentage value is automatically inserted in the Invoice Discount % field if the criteria are met and the related amount is inserted inside the Inv. Discount Amount Excl. Tax field.
- When the sales quote lines are completed, choose the Send by Email action.
- On the Send Email page, fill in any remaining fields and review the embedded sales quote.
- If the customer accepts the quote, select the Make Invoice or the Make Order action.
The sales quote is removed from the database. A sales invoice or a sales order is created depending on the information in the sales quote in which you can process the sale. In the Quote No. field on the sales invoice or sales order, the number of the sales quote that it was made from is displayed. For more information on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Sales Quote, please contact us.