For Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 Cumulative Update Installation, you have to recompile all the objects after you install a cumulative update. The update (CU) is a collective set of files that contains all the hotfixes and the regulatory features that have been released for MSD Navision 2018.
Our profound domain expertise in multiple industry verticals assists us in understanding the sector specific challenges and translate them into tools that provide sustainable benefits to organisations world wide.
Dynamics NAV 2018 Cumulative Update Installation Files
The APPLICATION folder includes the following files:
- AccumulatedChangeLog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
- Changelog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
- CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob
- Objects.<Locale>.Objects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
To install the application files, follow these steps:
- Unmodified databases:
- Import the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob file into an unmodified Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 database.
- Replace the existing objects in the database with the cumulative update objects.
- Modified databases or local databases for which local cumulative updates are not released:
- Import the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob file into the Import Worksheet window in your modified database.
- Replace the objects in your database that have NOT been modified.
- Use the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt file to compare and merge the cumulative update objects with the objects in your database that have been modified.
Or, you may use the Changelog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt file to manually apply the changes to the objects in your database.
The following components are defining the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Platform:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Client
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows Client
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Service Tier
The Microsoft Dynamics Navision platform can be installed by the following methods:
- Use the installation program
- Uninstall the current client or server
- Open the DVD folder and run the setup.exe
- Connect to the database
- Use the ClickOnceInstaller (Web Client and Windows Client only)
Locus IT has assisted businesses in various industry sectors to increase their development with connected processes, insightful reporting, increased sales and delivering personalized service encounters. We also provide update installation services along with training, support and implementation. For more information, please contact us.