The Microsoft Dynamics 365 2019 Release Wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020. You can either browse the release plan online or download the document as a Portable Document Format file. The PDF file also includes information about PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Common Data Model and data integration.
The 2019 release wave 2 for Dynamics 365 brings new innovations that provide you with significant capabilities to transform your business.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 2019 Release Wave 2 Overview
1. Dynamics 365 Applications
The enhancements to Dynamics 365 applications include hundreds of new capabilities across the business process applications:
- Customer Service
- Field Service
- Project Service Automation
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Central
A new addition to the Dynamics 365 applications
Starting in October 2019, we will have a new business process application.
Dynamics 365 Commerce – Built on the proven Dynamics 365 Retail capabilities—delivers a comprehensive omnichannel solution that unifies back-office, in-store, call center, and digital experiences.
3. Artificial Intelligence
The 2019 release wave 2 enhances artificial intelligence capabilities to help organizations accelerate their transformation of customer service, sales, and marketing functions:
- Sales Insights empowers teams with more foresight, to enhance productivity and better anticipate outcomes across the sales lifecycle.
- Customer Service Insights gives an actionable view into critical performance metrics, operational data, and emerging trends using industry-leading artificial intelligence.
- Virtual Agent for Customer Service enables organizations to create AI-powered bots that chat with customers and provides new opportunities for organizations to improve customer service through digital transformation.
- Customer Insights enables every organization to unify and understand their customer data to harness it for intelligent insights and actions.
- Market Insights enables business users to gather actionable insights based on what consumers say, seek, and feel about their brands and products.
- Fraud Protection enables the e-commerce merchants to drive down fraud loss, increase bank acceptance rates to yield higher revenue, and improve the online shopping experience.
New additions to the AI apps
Starting in October 2019, we will have two additional artificial intelligence apps:
- Product Insights enables organizations to transform their product development, marketing, sales, and support by acting on real-time insight into their customers’ usage and experience.
- Connected Store enables merchants of brick-and-mortar stores with actionable insights by using data from cloud-connected sensors.
3. Mixed Reality
The 2019 release wave 2 continues to add a whole new set of experiences to enhance employee productivity using mixed reality:
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist empowers technicians to solve problems faster the first time.
- D365 Layout gives the new way for space planners to bring designs from concept to completion with confidence and speed.
- Dynamics 365 Product Visualize empowers salespeople to convey the true potential of their products to their customers by harnessing the power of augmented reality on their mobile devices.
- Dynamics 365 Guides is a mixed-reality application for Microsoft HoloLens that enables employees to learn in the flow of work by providing holographic instructions when and where they need them.
This release plan says functionality that may not have been released yet. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship.