The Power BI app for Windows 10 brings Power BI to your tablet or phone, with up-to-date, touch-enabled mobile access to your business information. You can create reports and dashboards in the Power BI service with your data. Then you can interact with your reports and dashboards, explore the data, and share them, all from the Power BI mobile app for Windows 10.
Sign up for Power BI Service on the Web Browser
If you haven’t sign-up yet, Click on Power BI services to sign-up for your own account for creating and storing dashboards and reports, and bringing your data together. Then sign-up to Power BI from your Windows 10 devices to see your dashboards from anywhere.
- In the Power BI service, Go to Sign up to create a Power BI account.
- Start creating your own dashboards and reports.
Get Started with the App
- On the Screen of your Windows 10 device, open the Power BI application.
- To view your Power BI reports and dashboards, tap Power BI. Sign in with the particular credentials as your Power BI account on the web.To view your Reporting Services mobile reports and KPIs, tap SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services. Sign in with your SQL Server Reporting Services credentials.
- Tap Start exploring to view your own dashboards.
Try the Business Intelligence and Reporting Services Samples
Even without signing up, you can play with Microsoft Power BI and Reporting Services samples. After you download the Power BI App, you can view the samples or get started.
Business Intelligence Samples
You can interact and view with the Power BI dashboard samples, but there are a few things you can’t do with them. You cannot open the reports behind the dashboards, share the samples with others, or make them your favorites.
- Select the global navigation button in the upper-left corner.
- Select Settings icon, tap your name, then tap View samples.
- Pick role and explore the dashboard for that role.
Power BI Reporting Services Mobile Report Samples
- Click on global navigation button in the upper-left corner.
- Select Settings icon , right-click or tap and hold Connect to server, then tap View samples.
- Open the Sales Reports or Retail Reports folder to explore their KPIs and mobile reports.
Search for Dashboards, Reports, and Apps
Find your reports, dashboards, and apps quickly by typing in the search box, always at the top of the app.
- Tap the search icon in the upper-right corner. Power BI will display your most recent reports, dashboards, and apps.
- As you started typing, Power BI displays all relevant results.
Find your Content
Your reports and dashboards are stored in different locations in the Power BI mobile apps, depending on where they came from.
View your Favorite Dashboards, KPI’s, and Reports
You can view all of your favorite Power BI dashboards, together with Power BI Reporting Services KPIs and mobile reports, on the Favorites page in the mobile apps. When you make a dashboard as a favorite in the Power Business Intelligence mobile app, you can access it from all of your devices, including the Power BI service in your browser.
- Tap Favorites.
- Your Power BI favorites and your favorites from the Power BI Reporting Services web portal are all on this page.
Locus IT has worked with many businesses to develop, implement, and improve on their Power BI solution. Being a Microsoft Certified Partner we provide BI training, BI support, BI implementation. For more information please contact us.