This article provides information about the Retail Channel Performance solution for Dynamics AX. This MSD Axapta Retail solution lets channel managers quickly build channel performance analytics to predict trends and uncover insights, based on sales performance.
The MS Dynamics Axapta Retail channel performance solution lets you build your channel performance analytics quickly. Its components draw directly from Retail and commerce data in the MSD Axapta database and provide the drill down reports about organization wide sales performance across global geography by employee, category, product, terminal, channel, and more.
The Retail Channel Performance solution in the Power BI (Business Intelligence) automatically creates the reports and dashboards that give you a great starting point for exploring and analyzing your Dynamics Axapta Retail and the commerce data.
This article includes the following information:
- Learning how to connect the Retail channel performance Power BI (Business Intelligence) solution to a MS Dynamics AX data source.
- View a list of reports that provide the insights into the retail channel performance.
- Learn how to modify an existing report in the Power BI solution to make it self-authored.
Connecting to Dynamics AX Data Source
- Go to https://www.powerbi.com, and click Sign in. If you don’t have an account, sign up to try the new Power BI Preview for free.
- To sign in, enter the Microsoft Office 365 account that has a Power BI account.
- If your workspace appears, select the Get Data at the bottom of the left navigation pane.
- In Services section, click Get.
- Scroll or search to find Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Retail channel performance, and then click Get it now.
- Enter your Dynamics AX URL in the following format:
https://<tenant>.cloudax.dynamics.com. Then click Next to pull the data from Dynamics AX data storage into this Power BI dashboard.
- Select the oAuth2 as the authentication method, and then click Sign in.
- To sign in, enter the Office 365 account that has the permission to access your MSD AX environment.
- After the data is successfully pulled from Dynamics AX into Power BI, you can view your personal Retail channel performance dashboard in the Power BI by clicking Retail channel performance dashboard in the left navigation pane.
- You can take advantage of the Q&A feature in Power BI to query your Dynamics AX sales data by using natural language.
Viewing a List of Reports
- Geographical sales distribution
- Category sales performance
- Sales summary by Tender type or payment method
- Employee monthly performance
- Store monthly performance
- The Product sales performance for the given category in the given store
Modifying an Existing Report
The following steps shows how to modify an existing report in the Power BI solution to make it self-authored. We will modify an existing report that is named as Category & product performance by adding Category level 1 to the Total amount by Month/Year chart on that report.
- Click the Category Product Performance tab at the bottom of the window to open the Category & product performance report, and then click Edit report.
- Select the chart that is named as Total amount by Month/Year. Next, on the right side of the window, in the Fields pane, expand the Default Retail Product Category Hierarchy node.
- In the list of category levels for this hierarchy, select the Category Level 1. The name of the chart that you selected this attribute for changes to Total amount by Month/Year and Category level 1, and the chart now shows the share of sales in each category for each month.
- Try to change the visualization itself. Select the Total amount by Month or Year and Category level 1 chart, and then, in the Visualizations pane, click Area chart or Stacked area chart.
The data model that is included in the Power BI solution for the MSD AX data entities and aggregated data entities lets you slice and dice across various measures by using different dimensions.
Being a Microsoft Dynamics partner Locus IT has many years of deep experience with both global and localized industry implementations, and is uniquely positioned to bring our knowledgeable resources and proven processes to provide the best fit for your organization. We also provide Retail support and Dynamics 365 for Retail services. For more information please get in touch with us and we’ll surely get back to you.