POS Inventory lookup helps retailers achieve real-time operational excellence and gain insights by connecting stores, the POS, and the back office. This aspect gives an accurate real-time view of product inventory across stores and distribution centers. It helps retailers to drive additional efficiencies and cost savings by improving inventory planning in real time.
An precise real-time view of inventory across an organization helps store associates provide timely, superior customer service. It’s very important that cashiers in the store have real-time inventory information at their fingertips, so that they can accurately promise product delivery and pickup.
- You can open the POS Inventory lookup page from the Retail Modern POS workspace or the Retail Cloud POS workspace.
- On the POS Inventory lookup page, you can use the numeric keyboard to enter a product number. You can then view the on-site quantity for multiple stores and warehouses.
Reserved and Ordered Quantities
- Reserved Quantity – This quantity refers to the Physical reserved value from the back office for the specified product number at the location.
- Ordered Quantity – This quantity refers to the Ordered in total value from the back office for the specified product number at the location.
Locations that Inventory Availability Information is shown for
The list of locations includes two types of entities:
- Retail stores – The list shows the stores that are configured by using the store locator group for the exact current store in the Retail headquarters.
- Distribution centers – There are various types of distribution centers such as warehouses and it can be configured in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail. Moreover, the list shows inventory availability information only for distribution centers of the Standard default type.
- On the Inventory lookup, you can view available to promise quantities for each and every store, in addition to the current on-hand quantities, reserved quantities, and ordered quantities. Select the store to preview the ATP information for, and then Click on Show store availability.
Opening the Dimension Based Matrix View to show each Variants
On the Product details page of a product, or on the Inventory lookup page, select View all variants from the application-bar at bottom of the page. The Dimension based matrix view for the primary launch from these pages shows the inventory availability information for all variants of a product for the current store.
Select View all variants on the Product details of a product, or on the Inventory lookup page, without selecting a location, to go to the Dimension based matrix view to preview the inventory availability information for all variants of a product for the current store.
For the Dimension based matrix view, the cells for the product variants include an on-hand value in the lower-right corner. Also, in the Dimension based matrix view, more actions can be performed to help boost a store associate’s productivity.
Understanding the business volatility of the retail business, Locus IT has helped companies to adopt ERP solutions that are powered on Microsoft Dynamics. We have the expertise to provide intelligent technology platforms that will support your retail business. For more information please contact us.