In this Article, we are going to discuss about Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) Feature Packs, Service Packs, and Hot-fixes
Dynamics RMS Overview
Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System feature packs, service packs, cumulative updates, and hot-fixes are cumulative. Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System feature packs, service packs, cumulative updates, and hot-fixes contain all the fixes that are included in hot-fixes that have been released following the most recent feature pack, major release, service pack, or cumulative update.
- As the hot-fixes are cumulative, you do not have to apply each hot-fix if you are jumping several builds from your current build.
- If you are on a build earlier than build 2.0.0150 you have to install Feature Pack 1 of RMS 2.0, Service Pack 4 of RMS 2.0, Feature Pack 2 of RMS 2.0, and the latest hot-fix.
- On build 2.0.0150 or 2.0.0151 you have to install RMS Service Pack 4, RMS Feature Pack 2, and the latest hot-fix.
- If you are on build 2.0.0155 or higher you have to install RMS Feature Pack 2 and the latest hot-fix.
- If you are on build 2.0.1000 or higher you have to install the latest hot-fix.
- You can install build 2.0.2000 over the top of any Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 release including RTM.
- Hot-fix rollups released after Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Service Pack 4 are available for review and download in Knowledge Base articles. These knowledge base articles are completely listed in this article for your convenience.
- Hot-fix rollups released before Microsoft Dynamics RMS Service Pack 4 can be obtained by creating a support request with the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Technical Support team.
Locus IT has worked with various RMS industries to develop, implement, and improve on their ERP solution. We provide Dynamics RMS support, Dynamics RMS training, Dynamics RMS implementation and many more. We’ll be happy to consult you to refine your current system or create a customized solution. For more details please contact us.