To use the LCS Support tool, you must have previously created a Dynamics LCS Project and installed and ran the System diagnostics in your environment. In MS Dynamics Life Cycle Services (LCS), the System diagnostics helps administrators monitor and understand the health of one or more Microsoft Dynamics environments.
LCS Support tool is a cloud-based tool that has a locally-installed component that can be configured to perform the following tasks:
- Discovering on-premises Microsoft Dynamics AX environments (database instances and Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Object Server (AOS) instances).
- Collect data from the environments that were discovered.
- Run rules on the collected data.
- Report rule violations on a dashboard.
- Provide reports.
Data is collected by running on predefined schedules. Before using the System diagnostics, you must complete the following tasks:
- Download and run the installer for Diagnostic service.
- Run the Discovery wizard.
- Schedule or run data collection.
Open a New Incident
- In Life Cycle Services (LCS), navigate to the project for which you want to file a support incident.
- Click the Support tile.
- On Submitted to Microsoft tab, click the Submit an incident button.
- Select an issue category and an issue area.
- Inside the Describe your issue window, enter the following:
- Select Yes if the issue occurred in an environment. Select the environment name.
- Enter short description of your issue in the Title field.
- Provide details about the issue and the steps needed to reproduce the error.
- If applicable, enter an error message.
- If possible, attach screenshots that illustrate the problem. To do this, select Attach file from computer.
- Enter the primary contact information. The contact details will be used by the customer support team to contact you about the case.
- Select the support contract and the severity level.
- Support contracts for on-premises environments have limited incident count.
- Support contracts for cloud environments have unlimited incident count.
- For on-premises products or cloud environments, from the list of available support contracts, click the support option to use if you have multiple tier support contracts.
- Click Submit.
After you click Submit, the incident is created and added to the Incidents list. You will receive a email message from the Microsoft Support Engineer assigned to your case.
Manage Support Plans
If you purchased a support plan, such as Premier Support or Advance Support for Partners, you will need to add it to LCS Support tool before you create a new ticket.
- On Submitted to Microsoft tab, click Manage support plans.
- On Manage support plans page, click Add contract to enter the Access ID and Password/Contract ID.
Remove a Premier Support Plan
If you need to remove Premier support plan from one or more of your contracts, you can do so using the Premier Portal.
- Log in to the Premier Portal.
- Select the contracts you want to remove from the Associated access IDs, and then click Remove.
Report Production Outage
Report production outage provides quick and effective channel to escalate issues to Microsoft Support in the event that the services in a production environment are degraded or become unavailable.
A Report production outage is defined as one or more system-wide issues on a live production environment that impact multiple users and prevent your business from performing daily operations.
- Log into your Dynamics LCS Project.
- From the hamburger menu, click Support.
- On Submitted To Microsoft tab, click Report production outage.
- Confirm production outage, select the outage scenario from the drop-down list, and then click Continue.
- Add the title and details about the outage, and then click Next.
- Provide contact information, and then click Next.
- Click Done.
- Inside the live production environment, a customer experiences an outage or other situation that prevents business from continuing.
- The customer reports production outage issue by using the LCS Support portal.
- The customer selects the production outage issue and provides additional information.
- A support engineer acknowledges the production outage ticket within 30 minutes of submission and begins to immediately collaborate with stakeholders to investigate and resolve the issue.
- A support engineer contacts the customer to provide the status update.
Access and Availability
All users added to a customer’s implementation project have access to this feature. This includes Dynamics LCS Project owners, organization admins, team members, and environment managers.
This feature is available to:
- Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operation
- Environments managed by Microsoft
- A production environment in the Dynamics LCS Project
- All support plans
Being a Microsoft Dynamics partner, Locus IT has worked with businesses that utilize LCS and has provided services using LCS Support tool according to their requirements. For more information please contact us.