This topic covers what updates you should expect to see and how you can get the Dynamics LCS updates.
Types of Updates
Binary updates are pre-compiled and cumulative. Every subsequent binary update includes all previous updates. These Dynamics LCS updates don’t have to be compiled in a development environment, and they can be applied directly to a non-development environment from LCS.
If you’re running an environment that has retail functionality and a customized instance of Cloud point of sale (POS), you must complete the additional steps that are listed under Retail SDK packaging. For Dynamics 365 for Retail updates for application models, are released as binary updates.
- X++ updates include updates for specific application functionality is in application models. These updates can be independently downloaded and applied. You can select specific X++ updates to apply. Dependent X++ updates are automatically selected and downloaded. X++ updates are source code updates, before you applied to a non-development environment, they must be compiled in a developer environment and merged with any customizations. X++ updates only will apply to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Get Dynamics LCS Updates
To view available updates:
- Sign in to LCS using your credentials.
- In the LCS project, select an environment.
- On Environment page, Select Monitoring section includes updated tiles.
Types of Tiles
There are 4 different types of tiles:
- All X++ updates – This update tile shows all the granular X++ updates released by Microsoft.
- Critical X++ updates – This update tile shows recommended KBs that are based on the telemetry data in your production environment. This tile will show only Production environments and a subset of the updates shown under the All X++ updates tile that are recommended for your environments.
- All binary updates – This update tile shows a combined cumulative binary update for both the Application and Platform.
- Platform binary updates – This update tile shows only the Platform binary updates. If you want to update the platform, you can get the update from this update tile.
Download Binary Updates
- Click on All binary update tile to view the combined list of application and platform binary updates, or click the Platform binary updates tile for platform only binary updates.
- On the Binary updates page, select Save package.
- Inside the Review and save updates page, select Save package.
- Click on Save package to asset library slider, enter the Name and Description, and click Save package.
- Click Done to return to environment page.
- You will see the saved binary package in the asset library.
Download X++ Updates
- Click on All X++ updates tile to view the list of available application updates to an environment, or click the Critical X++ updates tile for recommended application updates to your production environment.
- Click on Add updates page, select the applicable Knowledge Base (KB) numbers, and then click Add to add selected KBs to the Download package.
- Select Download package.
- Click on Review and download hot-fixes page, so that you can review the hot-fixes that you selected, discard the package, return to the hot-fix selections, or download the final hot-fix package.
- Download the package, and click Done.
Locus IT has worked with many businesses to develop, implement, and improve on their business solution. If you have questions about how Microsoft Dynamics LCS can address and solve your challenges, please reach out to us. We’ll be very happy to consult with you to refine your current system or create a customized solution for you.