History and Future Directions
The original version of Dynamics Sure Step was launched in March 2007. Since then, Microsoft vision for the Sure Step program has been:
- To deliver an world-class, ever-evolving methodology to partners for Microsoft Dynamics customer engagements.
- Helping partners take advantage of the latest best practices, new tools developed by Microsoft Dynamics product teams, and changes in Microsoft Dynamics software.
- To help partners achieve high customer satisfaction, improve profits, and increases the channel productivity.
What Is MS Dynamics Sure Step?
The MS Dynamics Sure Step Methodology is a complete customer engagement methodology describing the processes and disciplines necessary to implement Microsoft Dynamics products.
- The methodology covers the following products:
- Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step is a fully integrated customer lifecycle methodology for all Microsoft Dynamics solutions, providing the Microsoft ecosystem with comprehensive sales through the delivery guidance, project management discipline alignment and field-driven best practices. MS Sure Step is intended to enable the solution provider to better serve customers by helping reduce their Microsoft Dynamics total cost of ownership. MS Sure Step content covers the MSD ERP and CRM suite of solutions, including Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics SL, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- The tools, guidance, templates and best practices provided in the methodology can help increase the consistency, timeframes, quality and success of Microsoft Dynamics engagements.
- Because implementations have so many similarities across these products, MS Sure Step has been structured as a general methodology with a product-specific layer for each product. The product specific data is represented by the templates and tools as well as hyperlinks to materials that can be found outside of the tool.
Overall benefits of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step
- A project management tools, consistent methodology and the advice and field tested best practices, all within user friendly tools that enable partners to more efficiently deploy, migrate to, configure, and upgrade Microsoft Dynamics solutions.
- Drives partner productivity by providing a standard set of tools and a consistent approach and templates that help ensure customer projects are completed efficiently, adding immediate business value which promotes the higher customer satisfaction.
- Helps partners to work easily with the other partners as well as with Microsoft Consultants, when appropriate – on large, multi-site, or multi-region implementations. It’ll also helps partners to work more efficiently with independent software vendors (ISVs) who provide third-party solutions or expertise.
- Assurance that you are using with the same approach as others involved in the project to drive toward a successful customer implementation.
The Sure Step Methodology Resources
The Sure Step methodology includes the following resources:
- Methodology content. An implementation activities that lead from the initial business diagnosis through implementation and hand-off to operations.
- Tools and templates. Document structures and the sample documents to help guide the project activity and system configuration.
- The Sure Step application. A presentation interface for the MS Dynamics Sure Step methodology that helps you to navigate and apply the methodology and adapt it to your unique requirements.
- Community resources. It’ll links to other resources available in the Microsoft Dynamics community.
Sure Step 2012 and Sure Step Online
- Sure Step 2012 and Sure Step Online provide options for agile project types, organizational change management, industry, extended CRM development projects and ISV templates. These projects can be created in both the MS SharePoint 2010 and MS SharePoint 2007.
- Partners can get Dynamics Sure Step content by downloading the application to their computer, or access it in its online format via MS Sure Step Online.
- Sure Step Online Overview: Look into the latest guidance and content will be available online without downloading and installing the client. This is one of the great way to access and share content quickly from anywhere in multiple languages.
NEW! Sure Step 2012
Sure Step 2012 is now available with updated content and services, primarily focusing on the Dynamics AX 2012 release. Updated content for AX Sure Step includes:
- Accelerated Proof of Concept with CRM Online service – CRM Online service provides scripts, demos, Delivery Guide, and related content for building a quick proof of the concept or demo for a customer using the CRM Online 30-day trial. MSD CRM Online service supports rapid requirements definition and solution decision-making.
- Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 – Templates and tools to support the Upgrade project type, reflecting an Microsoft Dynamics Axapta 2009 to Microsoft Dynamics Axapta 2012 upgrade scenario.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Implementation – Templates and tools are updated to reflect an Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 implementation scenario, including Fit/Gap analysis worksheet, estimator tool, requirements questionnaire, security configuration requirements template, and other valuable templates.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Updates – New Dynamics CRM 2011 artifacts including Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Upgrade Assessment, Database Sizing Tool, and Design Best Practices.
- Sure Step Optimization Offering – All these services have been repackaged across all products to represent either discrete stand-alone services such as Developer Workshop or bundled services available to customers, such as Project Governance, Architecture Review and Delivery Review, and Upgrade Review.
Main Differences between Sure Step 2012 and Sure Step Online?
- The content is the same: The online format of Dynamics Sure Step contains all of the same great content that is found in the downloadable version of Sure Step 2012.
- Project Location: Projects can be created using either format, you can only save Sure Step Online projects to your own SharePoint site. The downloadable Dynamics Sure Step 2012 still allows you to create projects to a hard drive that can be read inside a local Sure Step installation as well as to a SharePoint site.
- Content Updates: With Sure Step Online, Microsoft Dynamics is able to keep content up to date without a regular release cycle. The Online version of Dynamics Sure Step will ensure that partners and customers have the most up to date content available.
Locus IT always delivers projects in compliance with the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step methodology, provides full Dynamics AX implementation services, Dynamics AX upgrade and Dynamics AX support for Sure Step methodology. If you are planning on using Dynamics Sure Step methodology for you’re business and need more information on the same, please contact us.