The main goal of this Sure Step Methodology article is to help project managers, consultants, and other decision makers sell and implement Dynamics 365 Business Edition as efficiently and as inexpensively as possible.
The typical waterfall project management method works for most projects and also we need to prepare a data migration plan, both of which are generally included in the waterfall methodology. For example, we need to use a project management plan – that is very important.
But waterfall has its weaknesses, it clearly says. Its linear phases like analyze, design, develop, test and deploy and do not allow returning to an earlier phase. And It has built-in formalities and sign-offs to slow down the project.
Agile methodologies are incremental and iterative, focusing on delivering a functional whole through smaller chunks over a series of relatively short development cycles.
It is most important to split the hybrid project methodology into two parts: a diagnostic phase before the contract is signed, then working on concrete project tasks.
However, because clients typically demand both economy and speed in a project, sales and diagnostic activities must also be fast – so the partner proves its agile acumen well before the contract is signed.
Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Methodology
Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Methodology is an complete customer life cycle which describes the standardized processes and disciplines necessary to implement Dynamics solutions. Dynamics Sure Step is structured as a methodology with a product-specific layer for each Dynamics product, providing guidelines and best practices to help successfully implement Microsoft Dynamics solutions.
The content basically consists primarily of prescriptive phase-by-phase and activity-by-activity descriptions for completing each stage of an implementation. The Dynamics Sure Step methodology can be applied and adapted to different project types:
- Standard – The Standard project can be used for implementing Microsoft Dynamics solutions at a single site requiring specific features and moderate-to-complex Sure Step customization.
- Rapid – It can be used for implementing Microsoft Dynamics solutions in situations characterized by a limited scope, where the basic application features are desired and/or customer’s business processes are not considered as complex.
- Enterprise –The Enterprise project is a standardized approach for implementing Microsoft Dynamics solutions in complex single-site deployments, or in global/multi-site organizations where unique business needs have to be factored on top of a core solution.
- Agile – The Agile Project represents an iterative approach to implementing Microsoft Dynamics Solutions at a single site requiring specific features and moderate-to-complex Sure Step customization. This project type gives customers greater control over the final solution because they can quickly change the direction of solution development and implementation from one sprint cycle to the next.
- Upgrade –This approach is to progress an existing Microsoft Dynamics solution to a subsequent release of that solution.
When a project type is selected, Sure Step provides the relevant documents to fit that project type. The necessary documents are provided for guidance at specific industry levels, including manufacturing, public sector, retail and service.
Understanding the business volatility, Locus IT has helped many companies to adopt Dynamics Sure Step. We have the ability to provide intelligent technology platforms that will support your business. For more information please contact us.