This article is about the MS Dynamics SL Project Management features.
Microsoft Dynamics Solomon (SL) is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution that combines powerful project – and financial-management capabilities to help businesses manage customer demands, keep up with compliance regulations, and deliver services on time and on budget.
Key Features of Dynamics SL Project Management
- Enhance the business decision-making with efficient access to comprehensive data about project performance and profitability. Quick collect and summarize the data for key metrics by selectively pinpoint details for analysis, and present results in intuitive and practical formats.
- Communicator Enhance control of profitability and project progress by increasing the awareness of changes in key indicators or documents awaiting action.
- Automated alerts keep you informed of required approvals, pending deadlines, escalating costs, and eroding margins, making it easy to intervene so projects and profits stay on track.
Streamline time-consuming contract management tasks and it’ll increase the productivity of subcontractor interactions for even complex projects. Upon enhancing the control over the document tracking, change orders and subcontractor disbursements, you can help ensure timely completion, enhance cash flow and boost project profitability.
Get the necessary information to improve the profitability of the service professionals and the other human resources. Track personnel availability, revenues, billable time, and the realization of established utilization goals. See the time card line item details, or speed up analysis by customizing and summarizing data in a variety of groupings and time periods.
Shorten billing cycles and improve cash flow by taking control of unbilled receivables and converting them more quicker to revenues. Streamline the invoicing with formatting, automatic generation, and submission of drafts for approval; then easily note needed corrections, finalize invoices, and post receivables.
Microsoft Project Connector
- For companies that depends on the scheduling capabilities of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Dynamics integrates directly with Microsoft Project.
- The integration works in multiple directions, where the integrity of the Microsoft Dynamics data that flows through a company’s financial system is not compromised.
- In cases where the relationship between the data in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Dynamics might affect financial and audit trail information, one-way integration, from Microsoft Dynamics to Microsoft Project, is available.
Gain precise control over project finances by creating multi-tiered, flexible hierarchies to reflect the spectrum of labor rates and billing structures you need. Then automatically allocate revenues and charges, account for work-in-process, transfer or consolidate transactions, and record accurate data for billing and posting to general ledger accounts.
Take control of your project finances with powerful budgeting tools that’ll allows you to increase your project’s profitability. By tracking your budgeting process throughout the life of your project, you can see the impact of budget changes on profitability and manage the information you need to make your project successful.
Improve your project profitability by providing project managers with the meaningful, accurate information needed to gain control over project revenue and expenses enough control to make even low margin projects profitable.
Make Dynamics SL Payroll and benefits administration a smooth, predictable, and timely process with powerful and flexible capabilities that allow you to operate faster, smarter, and more profitably.
Take the guess of complex labor and time collection. Microsoft Dynamics SL advanced payroll helps you calculate true labor costs, meet time-sensitive government reporting requirements, provide flexible deductions and benefits, and most importantly, pay your employees accurately and on time. Advanced payroll requires the purchase of the Payroll.
Locus IT has worked with many businesses to develop, design, implement, and improve on their ERP solutions. If you have questions about how Microsoft Dynamics SL can address and solve your business challenges, please reach out to us. We’ll be happy to consult you to refine your current system or create a customized solution for you.