This article provides an information about MS Dynamics Great Plains Installation process. It contains tips on gathering information and a checklist to guide you through Dynamics GP Installation. Use this GP Installation Checklist as your guide to install and set up Dynamics GP.
Microsoft Dynamics GP is a business management solution for small and mid-sized organizations that automates and streamlines business processes and helps you manage your business.
MS Dynamics Great Plains is the powerful and easy‑to‑use functionality encompassing financial management, business intelligence, supply chain management, manufacturing and more, Microsoft Dynamics GP is a business management solution designed to turn your business vision into reality.
Dynamics Great Plains Installation Steps
- Plan the security of your system.
- View the Readme file and make a note of the requirements that pertain to you.
- Obtain your need registration keys for Dynamics GP.
- Verify system requirements.
- Install a networking protocol.
- Install and set up Microsoft SQL Server.
- Configure SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Design the account framework.
- Install Dynamics GP Tenant Services.
- Install the data server and initial client.
- Make sure that download and install the latest Dynamics GP update.
- Setting up the account framework and Microsoft Dynamics GP system data tables.
- Create your first company.
- Install additional components.
- Set up your company.
- Install Dynamics GP applications on clients.
- Identify the sources of any errors.
Reviewing the Readme File
To view information that was not available when this manual was written, use the Readme file on the Dynamics GP media. Be sure to review the Readme file (GPReadme.chm) before Dynamics Great Plains Installation. You can view the Readme by double clicking the file in the below path: \Media\GreatPlains\Documentation\GPReadme.chm.
To access any information when you encounter a problem, you can use the following troubleshooting resources.
- Documentation and resources on the web
- Dynamics GP documentation
- Microsoft SQL Server troubleshooting resources
Before you Call Support
If you are experiencing a problem when Dynamics GP Installation, have the answers ready to the following questions to assist your support specialist narrow down the source of the problem you’ve experiencing.
- What is the exact error message?
- When did the error first occur?
- What type of task were you attempting at the time the error message was displayed?
- Has the task completed successfully in the past?
- What’s the name of the window that you are working in?
- What you have done so far to attempt to fix the problem?
- If you are using one or more company, does the problem occur in another company?
- Does the problem occur on another workstation?
- What versions of software are you using?
Confirm the version numbers for Microsoft Dynamics GP, your Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Windows. Also note updates applied to each product.
- Are you using an integrated product with Dynamics GP?
- Does this problem occur for the system or system administrator user?
- Does this problem occur at the database server?
- If you are using Windows Server 2008 Terminal Server, or Remote Desktop Services, does the same issue happen at the Terminal Server?
The following components also need to be installed before you can install Dynamics GP.
- Microsoft Windows Installer 4.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- Visual C++ 2015 Runtime Libraries (x64 & x86)
- Visual Basic for Applications Core
- Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0
- Dexterity Shared Components 18.0
- Microsoft Application Error Reporting 11.0
- Open XML SDK 2.0 for Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Lync 2010 SDK Runtime
The desire to grow the company, achieve greater control over the business, improve cash flow and increase visibility across the entire organisation are several things in common for a business to reach great heights. Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains has played a important role in the achievement of these objectives.
We at Locus IT provide Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains implementation, Great Plains upgradation, Great Plains migration, Great Plains staffing services that can help businesses achieve great heights. For more information please contact us.