In this article we are going to discuss about how to create a Dynamics GP Company Creation, if you didn’t create one when you first used Dynamics GP Utilities. You must have to setup at least one Dynamics GP Company before you can start with Dynamics GP.
Other than accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics GP is an ERP solution that helps small and medium-sized businesses gain greater control over your inventory, financials, and operations.
Dynamics GP is a complete solution for integrating and managing finances, supply chain, e-commerce, manufacturing, project accounting, field service, customer relationships and human resources.
Accounts Overview Chart
A few default charts of accounts are included with your Dynamics GP system. You might want to use a default chart of accounts for the following reasons:
- The charts of accounts we have provided reflects on sound accounting practices.
- Extensively research was done to determine the most commonly used account types for the industries that have been included.
- If changes needs to be made after a default chart of accounts is copied for the company, setup time will be greatly reduced by using a default chart.
Depends on the business and industry types you can choose for your company, you can install the chart of accounts best tailored for your company’s business needs. If you are using a default chart of accounts, you won’t be able to shorten the account format. Moreover, it can be lengthened to the maximum length you established in the Account Definition Setup window of Dynamics GP Utilities.
The default chart of accounts that you choose for your company in this procedure is designed to be an accurate estimate of the company’s business practices. However, we recommend you that to review the accounts and make any necessary additions or changes.
Adding a Company
You can use the Dynamics GP Utilities to create companies for Dynamics GP. You must have at least one minimum company set up before you can start Dynamics GP.
When including a Dynamics GP Company, you can select how to configure your company. You can now use the wizards to migrate data and enter basic configuration options, or you can configure the company later using the Setup Checklist window in Dynamics GP.
To utilize a tool to migrate or configure data, you must download and install the Rapid Implementation Tools for Dynamics GP. If you are not installed the Rapid Implementation Tools, click the Download and install the wizards link in the Company Setup Options window.
Before you start, make sure you have adequate space to add the companies (including the sample company) to your SQL database. Each company requires about 300MB of free space.
Once the Dynamics GP Company Creation is done, you can deploy SQL Server Reporting Services reports and Excel reports using Dynamics GP Utilities. If you have deployed any reports for your system database, you can use the default report locations for the company.
To open Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities, you must have appropriate user privileges. If you are using an O.S that has UAC (User Account Control) enabled, you will be prompted to run the program as a user with administrative privileges.
To include a Dynamics GP Company using Dynamics GP Utilities:
- Start Dynamics GP Utilities. Select Start >> Programs >> Microsoft Dynamics >> GP>> GP Utilities.
- In the Dynamics GP Utilities window, verify your server name, and enter a system administrator user ID and Password; then click Next.
- In the Dynamics GP Utilities window, review the information and click Next.
- The Upgrade Dynamics GP window opens and indicates that Dynamics GP is at the current version. Click Next to verify version information for companies.
- After companies are confirmed, the Additional Tasks window opens. Select Create a company and then click Process.
- Create Company window opens, where you can enter a database or company name, and company ID.
- Click Next after entering and selecting company information.
- The Database Setup window appears. Enter the exact location where the data and log devices should be created. Click Next.
- The Very SQL Server window appears. Confirm your selections. If the selections are correct, click Finish.
- In the BI Reports Set-up window, select the business intelligence components to deploy. Click Next.
- SQL Server Reporting Services Reports Setup window shows up if you marked to deploy Reporting Services reports. After selection of your report server mode, enter the exact locations to deploy the reports to.
- If you have selected the Native as the report server mode, you can enter the name of the folder to deploy the reports to.
- Click Next.
- Excel Reports Setup appears on the window, if you marked to deploy Excel reports. Select the location to deploy the reports to.
- Click Next.
- The Verify SQL Server window appears. Confirm your selections. If the selections are correct, click Finish.
- The Company Set-up Options appears on the window, where you can select one of the options to configure your company.
- Click Next. If you have decided to configure your company, the Additional Tasks window reappears. You can click on Create a company to set up a second company, start Dynamics GP, or Exit.
Microsoft Dynamics GP gives your company at the top of its game and a service plan helps keep it there. With the variable options to choose from, depending on where you do business, a service plan helps you stay compliant and competitive, so you get the highest return on your software investment.