This article shows you how to get data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Telemetry using Azure Application Insights. It contains the complete process of adding Application Insights script to your application, capturing data, and data visualization.
Add Application Insights to existing or new CRM Online Instance
To monitor your application, you can add a Application Insights SDK to your application. The SDK sends Dynamics CRM telemetry to the Application Insights portal, where you can use our powerful analysis and diagnostic tools, or export the data to storage.
Create an Application Insights Resource in Azure
- Get an account in Microsoft Azure.
- Sign up to the Azure portal and add a new Application Insights resource. This is where your data will be processed and displayed.
- Choose ASP.NET as the application type.
- Open your CRM Online instance and signup with administrator privileges.
- Open Dynamics CRM Settings, Customizations, Customize the System
- Give a name, select Script and open the text editor.
- Save and publish.
- In Microsoft CRM Online, open the Account form
- Open the form Properties
- Save and publish your form customizations.
You have now set up the telemetry capture for the form. Whenever it is going to be used, data will be sent to your Application Insights resource.
Locus IT is a Microsoft Certified Partner and we provide services such as training and support and much more. We are passionate about offering responsive support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Our support staff are experienced, dedicated, and ready to respond quickly to your needs. For more information please contact us.