The Dynamics CRM Event management settings let you set up the connections to your webinar provider accounts and set up a few defaults for event administration.
To find these settings, open Settings > Advanced settings and then choose one of the pages under the CRM Event management heading in the leftmost column. You can also access these same settings by finding the Dynamics CRM Event management section in the rightmost column and choosing from the icons there.
A webinar provider is a third-party company that will hosts webinars. The provider accepts registrations, provides URLs where the participants and presenter can join each webinar, and also provides a server to run the webinar itself.
Providers typically also deliver attendance statistics and other webinar functionalities. Microsoft does not provide this type services, so to run a webinar, you must sign up with a third-party provider and then configure Dynamics 365 for Marketing with the details needed to connect to that provider.
Each webinar provider that you use must have a listed records on the Webinar providers page. For every account that you have with your webinar provider, you must also set up a Webinar configuration record.
To set up a webinar provider:
- Open Settings > Advanced settings > CRM Event management > Webinar providers. Here you’ll see a list of existing providers, and tools for including new ones.
- To alter an existing provider, select it from the list; to create a new one, select New.
- Save your work.
After you have set-up account with your webinar provider, and set up the provider itself as described in the previous section, you must enter your account details to activate D365 for Marketing to authenticate and interact with webinar. Even if you are using one webinar provider, you might have several accounts with that provider, and can configure each of them as needed.
Each time you set-up an session or an event as a webinar, you must choose a webinar configuration. This is how you can control which account you’ll be using for that event or session.
To configure a webinar account:
- Open Settings > Advanced settings > Event management > Webinar configurations. Here you’ll see a list of existing configurations, and tools for including new ones.
- To alter an existing configuration, select it from the list to create a new configuration, select New.
- Make the following enhanced settings: Name, Webinar provider
- Open the Credentials tab.
- Make the following enhanced settings: Client ID, Access token key, and Access token secret
- Save your work.
Use the Event administration settings to set-up a few standard options for your events, including email templates, email options, and default payment gateway. These settings are optional.
To set your event-administration options:
1. Open Settings > Advanced settings > Event management > Event administration. Here you’ll see a list of existing event-administration records, and tools for including new ones.
- You can have only one active event-administration record at a time.
- If no event-administration records are shown, then click New on the command bar to create one.
- If an event-administration record already exists, then click to open it.
- To delete an existing event-administration record, select record and choose Delete on the command bar.
- If you’d like to temporarily disable an existing event-administration record, most possibly you can create a new one to use in the meantime, then select the existing record and choose Deactivate from the command bar.
- To edit, view, and/or reactivate a deactivated record, switch to the Inactive event administration view using system view menu.
2. Make the following settings: Name, Send mail to purchaser, Email template for purchaser, Send mail to event attendee, Event template for event attendee
Privacy Notice for Dynamics CRM Event Management
When you accept the terms and conditions for Dynamics CRM event management, the webinar-integration feature is activated. The webinar integration leverages a partner webinar provider to conduct an event or a session as a webinar. To use a webinar provider’s service, you must have an account with them.
You don’t need to activate the webinar feature to use the rest of the CRM event-management solution. An administrator can turn off the webinar integration by removing the credentials in the webinar configuration.
Azure services and components used by the webinar-integration feature are:
- Key Vault
- Service Fabric
Locus IT is a Microsoft Dynamics partner and has a thorough knowledge of CRM services and the particular challenges that exist in CRM. We also provide CRM Event Management services and also D365 Event Management services. For more information please contact us.