Today, success in the distribution industry entails much more than operational efficiency. New distribution channels continue to grow, while existing channels expand with new approaches, such as global sourcing, cross-sell capabilities, third-party logistics and radio frequency identification (RFID). Distribution companies have to implement more advanced management solutions to cope with these changes.
A dynamic and flexible approach is key to finding more effective means of warehousing and delivery, and returning these efficiency savings to your customers’ bottom line. Microsoft Dynamics AX enables distributors to manage and streamline every aspect of their businesses, from order entry and procurement to sophisticated inventory and shipment management.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS
Microsoft Dynamics AX unites aspects of your business such as people, operations, and partners and streamlines them to help you manage issues ranging from sustainability, cost volatility, and multi-channel pressures complexities and also utilize newer opportunities.
- Optimize your Warehouse Layout – Control how items are stored and moved throughout your warehouse for optimal efficiency by defining storage zones, establishing high and low priority storing areas for goods, and defining faster picking and packing processes.
- Increase your Warehouse Efficiency – Streamline and automate your entire, end-to-end warehousing process, from route planning for pick & pack to automated inventory replenishment.
- Customer Satisfaction – You can reserve items for customers, including items from a specific location or batch, while entering a sales order. Track your relationships with manufacturers and customers so you can make sure you have all the information you need for each sales opportunity.
- Supply Chain Visibility – Get a complete picture of your inventory availability, sales, shipping schedules, and all other data required to manage your supply chain efficiently.
- Optimize Inventory Levels – Strong forecasting functionality that supports long-term planning helps you to optimize inventory levels. You can create sales and purchase forecasts based on items and time periods and use an unlimited number of forecast models to simulate various future scenarios.
- Flexible Management of Bills of Material – An infinite number of BOM levels can be managed effectively and accurate consumption of raw materials can be calculated using formulas specific to each component. The MRP functionality helps achieve more accurate lead time calculations when scheduling production.
- Forecast Customer Demand – Spot customer trends and ensure your deliveries reach the correct destination on the right date in the right time slots with more accurate distribution planning.
- Transportation Management – The transportation management module in Microsoft Dynamics AX completes the process by providing a complete view of the distribution process. It integrates with the inventory, warehouse, and sales modules to provide complete visibility of inventory and transportation costs.
- Demand Planning – Dynamics AX also encompasses enhanced demand planning which allows you to generate statistical baseline forecasts with customizable dynamic dimension sets.
Understanding the business volatility of the distribution business, Locus IT has helped companies to adopt ERP solutions that are powered on Microsoft Dynamics AX. We have the expertise to provide intelligent technology platforms that will support your wholesale business, whatever challenges and changes you face.