Before you can register new Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Vendors, you must set up various purchase codes that you can select from when you fill vendor cards.
When all of the necessary master data is generated, you can execute additional configuration of the vendor, such as prioritize the vendor for payment purposes and list items that the vendor and other vendors can supply.
Another group of setup tasks for the vendors is to record your agreements regarding discounts, prices and payment methods. Vendor cards hold the information that is required to buy products from the vendor.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Vendors Steps
1. To Create a New Vendor Card
- Choose the search icon, enter Vendors, and then choose the related link.
- On the Vendors page, Choose New.
If more than one vendor template exists, then a page opens from which you can choose a vendor template. In that case, follow these steps.
- On the Select a template for a new vendor page, select the template that you want to use for the new vendor card.
- Choose the OK button. A new vendor card opens with few fields filled with information from the template.
- Proceed to fill or change fields on the vendor card as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
If vendor templates exist for different vendor types, then a page appears when you create a new vendor card from where you can select an appropriate template. If only one vendor template exists, then new vendor cards always use that template.
If you do not know the invoicing address that will be used for every invoice from a vendor, do not enter the Pay to field. Alternatively, select the pay to vendor number after you have setup a purchase quote, order, or invoice header.
The vendor is now registered, and the vendor card is ready to be used on purchase documents. If you want to use this vendor card as a template when you create new vendor cards, you can save it as a vendor template.
2. To Save the Vendor Card as a Template
- On the Vendor Card page, choose the Save as Template action. The Vendor Template page opens displaying the vendor card as a template.
- Fill in the fields as necessary. Go over a field to read a short description.
- To reuse dimensions in templates, select the Dimensions action.
- Edit or enter dimension codes that will apply to new vendor cards created by using the template.
- When you have finished the new vendor template, choose the OK button.
The vendor template is added to the list of vendor templates, so that you can use it to generate new vendor cards. The purchase invoices can be automatically created by using the OCR service to transform the PDF invoices from your vendors to the electronic documents, which are then transformed to purchase invoices by a workflow.