To enable Dynamics 365 Business Central Emailing Documents from within Business Central, start the Set Up Email assisted setup guide on the Role Center. You can email every type of documents as attachments to email messages right from the page that displays the document.
In addition to the attachment, you can setup document specific email bodies with core information from the document prior by standard text that greets the mail recipient and introduces the document in question. To provide your customers to pay for sales electronically using a payment gateway, for example PayPal, you can also have the PayPal information and hyperlink inserted in the email body.
To send the contents of business documents easily to your partners, such as the information of payment on the sales documents to the customers, you can utilize the Report Layout feature to define document specific content that gets inserted in email bodies automatically.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Emailing Documents Process
1. To Set Up a Document Specific Email Body for Sales Invoices
The following procedure describes how to set the Sales – Invoice report up to be used for document specific email bodies when you email posted sales invoices.
- Choose the search icon, enter Report Selections Sales, and then choose the related link.
- On the Report Selection – Sales page, in the Usage field, select Invoice.
- On a new line, in the Report ID field, choose, for example, standard report 1306.
- Select the Use for Email Body check box.
- Select the Email Body Layout Code field and then choose a layout from the drop down list.
Report layouts explain both the style and the content of the email body, including the standard text that precedes the core document information in the email body. All available report layouts are displayed if you choose the Select from full list button in the drop down list.
- To view or edit the layout that the email body is based on, choose the layout on the Custom Report Layouts page and then select the Edit Layout action.
- If you want to offer customers to pay for sales electronically, you can setup the related payment service, such as PayPal, and then have the PayPal information and hyperlink inserted in the email body as well.
- Choose the OK button.
Now, when you choose, for example, the Send action on the Posted Sales Invoice page, the email body will contain the document information of report 1306 preceded by styled standard text according to the report layout that you selected in step 5.
2. To Send Documents by Email
The following procedure describes how to send a posted sales invoice as an email message with the document attached as a PDF file and with a document-specific email body.
- Choose the search icon, enter Posted Sales Invoices, and then choose the related link.
- Select the relevant posted sales invoice and then choose the Send action. The Send Document to page opens.
- In the Email field, select Yes (Prompt for Settings).
- Select the OK button. The Send Email page displays.
- Inside the To: field, enter a valid email address. The usual value is the customer email address.
- In the Subject field, type in a descriptive subject text. The default value is the customer name and the invoice number.
- Inside the Attachment field, the generated invoice is attached by default as a PDF file.
- In the Body field, type in a short message to the recipient.
If a document specific email body is setup on the Report Selection – Sales page, then the Body field is filled in automatically.
- Choose the OK button to send the email message.
From all documents that are supported, you initiate emailing by selecting the Send action, on posted documents, or the Post and Send action, on non posted documents.
If the Email field on the Send Document to page is set to Yes, then the Send Email page opens pre-filled with the contact person inside the To: field and the document attached as a PDF file.
Inside the Body field, you can either enter the text manually or you can have the field filled with a document specific email body that you have set up. For more information on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Emailing Documents, please contact us.