Microsoft has launched Dynamics 365 Business Central 2019 wave 2 is released on October 1. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2019 wave 2 has new features for on-premises partners and customers, Modern Support Lifecycle Policy changes, and changes to the availability of previous versions of registration keys.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central provides a complete business application solution designed and enhanced for SMB organizations. The latest version, April ‘2019 update, brought an update to Business Central that improves the productivity of users.
What’s New In D365 Business Central Wave 2
1. Application enhancements:
Microsoft Dynamic Business Central wave 2 has several updates for processes and features, all in the most used areas of Business Central.
- Allow non-sequential numbering
- Cancel reminders and finance charge memos
- Create records and convert prospects useing better templates
- The Copy Document function on blocked lines
- Aged Accounts Payable includes External Document Number
2. Service fundamentals:
- Laser focus on performance, reliability, supportability, and security is essential to ensure that service quality remains ahead of the growth in service usage.
3. Modern client:
- In 2019 Microsoft Dynamics 365 release wave 2, users access Business Central in the browser, Windows 10 desktop app, mobile apps on Android and iOS, or in Outlook.
- Wave 2 is the first version that does not include the MS Dynamics Navision Client connected to Business Central.
- The modern clients now help for productivity features that the Windows client is discontinued for Business Central going forward.
4. Modern developer tools:
- Wave 2 is the first version that does not include the classic development environment (also known as C/SIDE).
- The modern developer has knowledge and experience based on VSCode with Azure DevOps, and an AL language that supports an extension-based approach to design, now supports developing large apps such as the base application from Microsoft, and so C/SIDE is discontinued for Business Central going forward.
5. Empower ISV acceleration:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Wave 2 update delivers a set of features designed to simplify independent software vendor (ISV) development for new solutions and, specifically, for streamlining the migration from the source code design model of Microsoft Dynamics Navision to Business Central.
6. Customer migration tools:
- After enabling Dynamics Navision ISVs to bring their solutions to Business Central online, the next step is to simplify the journey for existing Dynamics SMB customers coming from Microsoft Dynamics Navision, MS Dynamics GP, or MS Dynamics SL to migrate from their current on-premises solutions to Business Central online.