If you ever want to switch or perform D365 Sales upgradation or D365 Sales migration from D365 Enterprise Edition to D365 Sales Professional, do the following:
- Purchase a D365 for Sales Professional subscription.
- Assign D365 for Sales Professional licenses to the users.
- Install the D365 for Sales Professional edition solution.
- Delete the D365 Enterprise edition (Sales Enterprise edition) solution.
D365 for Sales Professional is targeted at businesses that have simpler D365 for Sales needs and do not require the full sales capabilities.
1. Purchase D365 for Sales Professional subscription
- Sign in to Office 365 at portal.office.com with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 account that has admin permissions.
- Select Billing > Subscriptions.
- Select Add subscriptions.The Purchase Services page opens. You’ll see a tile for Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional Edition.
- In the Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional Edition tile, move your mouse over the Ellipses symbol and select Buy Now, and then follow the steps to buy a new licenses.
2. Assign licenses to your users
After you’ve purchased the licenses, assign the licenses to the users.
- On the Office 365 administration center, select Users > Active users.
- Then select multiple users, and select Edit product licenses.
- Select Replace existing product license assignments, and then click Next.
- Turn on the license for your Microsoft Dynamics 365 plan.
- Select Replace, and then select Close twice.
- Review the license status on the Active users and make other assignments as required.
3. Install Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional solution
- In the Office 365 administration center, select Admin Centers > Dynamics 365.
- On the Instances tab, select your production instance tile, and on the product instance tile, select the Manage your solutions icon.
- On the Manage your solutions, select Dynamics 365 for Sales Pro Application, and on the tile, select Install.
After you finish these steps, your organization will be adequately moved to Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional.
4. Delete the Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise solution
- Ensure that you have the System Administrator or System Customizer security role or equivalent permissions.
- Sign in to Dynamics 365.
- Select Settings > Solutions.
- Select the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise solution and select Delete.
When you delete this solution for D365 Enterprise Edition, the Sales Enterprise app module is deleted and any configuration and customization specific to this app module such as its site map or form preferences are also lost.
Locus IT understands the unique requirements of businesses and provides full D365 Sales migration, D365 Sales implementation, D365 Sales upgradation, D365 Sales training and D365 Sales support. If you’re a mid-sized or enterprise business and are considering an ERP project, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!