This article is about Teradata Cyber Security Analytics and its challenges.
As cyber security challenges continue to grow, new threats are expanding exponentially and with greater sophistication rendering conventional cyber security defense tactics insufficient.
Today’s cyber threats requires predictive analysis, multifaceted strategies for analyzing and gaining powerful insights into solutions for mitigating, and putting an end to, the havoc they wreak
Big Data Analytics for Teradata Cyber Security Analytics
- Big data analytics for security provide the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and data types. This allows near real-time responses to improved readiness, cyber-attacks, and shorter response times to remediation.
- It can also improves the effectiveness of current investments in security solutions, and increase the efficiency of your security personnel.
- High-speed, automated analytics empowers organizations to extract more value and discarding malicious software and actors from current and legacy data environments.
- All network and data assets are not necessarily equal in value. As an example, credit card data is extremely valuable, and a high-risk asset, compared to marketing information organizations use to reach their customers and prospects.
- For this reason, systems that process credit card data require much top levels of security than those that process data for external promotions.
Conduct a Cyber Risk Assessment
- The first step in integrating big data analytics for security is to finish a cyber risk assessment of the organization’s data and network assets to identify the most critical systems to protect.
- There are a variety of frameworks that should be included in the assessment, such as COSO, COBIT, and others.
- These frameworks is to recognize organizational objectives like the processes involved in accomplishing those objectives; risks that could prevent their successful execution; controls to manage or prevent risk; testing to make sure that the effectiveness of the controls and reassessment.
Develop a Roadmap for Prioritizing Actions
- After completing the security risk assessment, the weaknesses and strengths of the legacy cyber defenses should be quantified, cataloged,and used to develop a roadmap for prioritizing actions.
- This is a main step for addressing and aligning the information security risk with the overall risk tolerance of the organization.
Optimize Effectiveness of Existing Security Solutions
- According to the Ponemon Institute study, over 60 percent of participants agreed that big data cyber analytics will solve security problems. Moreover, introducing big data analytics and integrated security data can also significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing security solutions as well as the personnel that operate them.
- For Instance, an Intrusion Detection System alert can programmatically trigger a big data query in another system to deliver the actual network session data to an analyst for fast triage, identification and remediation.
- The data session then allows the analyst to quickly determine if the alert is real or false. If real, session data can also be used to evaluate incident severity to prioritize remediation. In both the cases the big data and integrated data analytics make existing systems more effective, and the incident responder more efficient.
The Security Approach Evolved
- Ultimately, the main goal is to evolve the security approach to next-generation threat detection and cyber situational awareness.
- By visualizing and capturing precisely what’s coming and going on networks as events happen, organizations can correlate activity through its network data elements as they are generated from each application, transaction, communication or transmission.
Teradata Solutions for Cyber Defense
- Despite apparent complexities or the limited resources that go hand-in-hand with safeguarding sensitive data, achieving a sound defense against cyber-attacks doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Teradata, the global leader in analytic technologies and data warehousing, helps companies get more value from data than any other company while helping you gain a sustainable competitive advantage
Our experts represents the largest industries and most experienced support team dedicated solely to your success. We also provide Teradata Cyber Analytics training along with Teradata Cyber Analytics Customization, Teradata Cyber Analytics support and Teradata Cyber Analytics Staffing. For more details please contact us.