This article is about Splunk Cyber Security Analytics and its features and techniques.
The sophistication of modern cyber attacks, the persistent nature of advanced threats, and the importance of managing business risk on a continual basis requires enterprises to reevaluate their entire security ecosystem.
It’s now critical that Splunk cyber security analytics include a detailed analysis of information on users, attacks, context, time and location from identity, endpoints, servers, apps, web and email servers, and non-traditional systems.
The adoption of mobile workloads, cloud and hybrid deployments has magnified the need for visibility into cloud services and applications. This wants a dynamic infrastructure and application-wide view of activities to investigate, identify and respond to internal and external threats in real time.
Splunk’s analytics-driven security solutions allows a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity, including advanced techniques like ML and behavioral analytics.
Splunk as Your Security Nerve Center
The Splunk Adaptive Framework (AOF) helps improve cyber defense and security operations by leveraging an open ecosystem of security vendors who have built and developed integrations with leading Splunk security technologies.
Through these integrations teams can better in detect to investigate and respond at machine speed across their
multiple vendor security environments – achieving a “security nerve center”.
Splunk Cyber Security Analytics Techniques
Insider Threat Detection
Automatically detect inside threats using behavior baselines, machine learning, peer group analytics and behavior analytics.
Advanced Threat Detection
Utilizing kill chain analysis to trace the different stages of an advanced threat, link the sequence of events and enable targeted remediation.
Fraud Detection and investigation
Investigate, detect and report on a range of fraud, theft and misuse activities in real time. Splunk has existing anti-fraud tools by indexing event data to give an enterprise-wide view of fraud or to create an aggregate fraud score for a single transaction.
Use for enterprise SIEM use cases such as incident management support, incident review, analytics and behavior profiling, threat intelligence and ad hoc search. Large enterprises use Splunk for a full range of information security operations including posture assessment, monitoring, CSIRT, breach analysis and response, alert and incident handling, and event correlation.
Rapid Incident Investigations
Collaboration enables hunters and SOC analysts across an organization to rapidly investigate incidents using ad hoc searches with existing correlation rules based on all security relevant data. In one centralized look, hunters and analysts can explore the activities of possible threat actors within the SIEM workflow, speeding up the time for incident response.
Create correlation reports and rules to identify threats to sensitive data or key employees and to automatically demonstrate compliance or identify areas of non-compliance in regards to technical controls such as: PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, GLBA, NERC,
GDPR, SOX, ISO, COBIT, and the CIS Top 20.
- Collect, consolidate, store, index, search, correlate, visualize, analyze and report on any security relevant machine generated data to identify and quickly rectify the security issues.
- Ad hoc queries and reporting across old data can be accomplished without third-party reporting software.
- Splunk software supports history data enrichment by providing flexible access to relational databases, field delimited data in comma-separated value (.CSV) files or to other enterprise data stores such as Hadoop or NoSQL.
These techniques helps security teams analyze quickly investigate, identify, and respond to threats based on a wide range of security context than is possible with legacy security products. Splunk solutions can be deployed on-cloud or on-premises or in a hybrid cloud deployment.
- Get comprehensive security analytics from security and non-security data sources
- Streamline advanced threat investigations using kill chain methodology
- Rapid incident analysis with fast time-toanswer and proactive threat hunting
- Use ml-based advanced analytics for rapid anomaly and threat detection and mitigate insider and external threats
- Adaptive Response actions and Phantom playbooks to improve operational efficiency with automated and human-assisted decisions
Locus IT has provided many customized solutions to address the needs of Cyber Analytics using Splunk. We also provide Splunk Cyber Analytics training, Splunk Cyber Analytics implementation,Splunk Cyber Analytics support and Splunk Cyber Analytics Staffing. Our support staff are experienced, dedicated, and ready to respond quickly for your needs. For more details please contact us.