Chapter 1 : Introduction to Warehouse Management
Chapter 2 : Setting Up Warehouse
- Lesson 1 – Set up general warehouse parameters
- Lesson 2 – Set up number sequences for warehouse management
- Lesson 3 – Set up parameters to create a warehouse location
- Lesson 4 – Set up reservation hierarchies
- Lesson 5 – Set up a unit sequence group
- Lesson 6 – Set up a work pool Configure print settings for labels
- Lesson 6 – Create a work template
- Lesson 7 – Create a location directive
Chapter 3 : Setting up Inbound And Outbound processes
Chapter 4 : Cycle counting and wave processing
Chapter 5 : Inbound processing and production Process
Lesson 2 – Setups need for Warehouse Management
Set up general warehouse parameters
Setups need for Warehouse Management : You must set up general warehouse parameters before you can perform inbound and outbound warehouse transactions. Use the Warehouse management parameters form to set up the following parameters:
- License plates
- Inventory adjustments
- Warehouse mobile devices
- Inventory status
- Click Warehouse management > Setup > Warehouse management parameters. Set up parameters to create a warehouse location
- On the Company information FastTab, enter the GS1 prefix that is used to generate license plates.
- On the Location profiles FastTab, select the location type that you want to use for user locations. User locations are warehouse locations that are license plate controlled, and allow the storage of mixed items and mixed inventory batches.
- On the Location types FastTab, select the location types for the staging and final shipping locations.
- On the Receiving exceptions FastTab, in the Code for missing items from ASN field, select the receiving exception code for the load lines that are missing from the Advance Ship Notice (ASN) document.
- On the License plates FastTab, select the default unit for license plates.
- On the Auto release to warehouse FastTab, in the Value type field, select Price or Quantity to specify whether the threshold percentage for item price or quantity is used to automatically release orders to a warehouse.
- In the Fulfillment rate field, enter the threshold percentage that is required to automatically release an order to a warehouse.
- On the Adjustments FastTab, in the Default adjustment type code field, select a code for the inventory adjustment type.
- On the Work FastTab, configure the settings for work processing by using the fields described in the following table.
|Retain temporary work table||Select this check box to retain the temporary work table that is created during work processing.|
|Create work creation history log||Select this check box to create a detailed log of work creation.|
|Default work user ID||Select the user ID that is used for automated work transactions.|
|Work priority||Enter the number that is used as the default value for work priority. You can change the priority for a type of work in the Work templates form.|
- On the Batches FastTab, enter the number of days that are required for mixing inventory batches.
- On the Returns FastTab, select a journal name that will be used to create a journal for return orders.
- On the Inventory status FastTab, in the Default inventory status ID field, select the default inventory status for all inventory transactions.