Use Warehouse management to monitor and automate warehouse processes. The Warehouse management module for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 lets you manage warehouse processes in manufacturing, distribution, and retail companies. For example, you can use the features in this module to complete tasks in the following areas.
- Workflows – Configure inbound and outbound intelligent workflows.
- Picking and packing – Assign orders to clusters to pick from a single location and configure profiles to control the validation and packing of items into shipping containers. Alternate between picking strategies for batch and non-batch items.
- Wave processing – Create, implement, and release work using batch-scheduled or manual processing of waves.
- Inventory counting – Set up cycle counting thresholds, create cycle counting plans, schedule plans, and cycle count locations and items ad hoc.
- Containerization – Set up container groups to order the sequence of the packing process and create templates to support packing strategies.
- Mobile devices – Use scanners or other mobile devices to optimize precision in the picking and put-away processes.
A Warehouse Management system is an important part of the supply chain and mainly intends to manage the storage and movement of objects inside a warehouse and process the related transactions: receiving, shipping, putting away and picking. The systems also optimize and direct stock put away based on immediate information about the status of bin operation. A WMS checks the progress of products through the warehouse. It involves the physical warehouse tracking systems, infrastructure, and communication between product stations.
Upon Completion of this Course, you will accomplish following:-
- Create container groups to order the series of the stuffing procedure.
- Learn to alternate between picking strategies.
- Employ scanners or other mobile devices to optimize precision in the picking and put-away processes.
- Build ad-hoc cycle counting plans.
- Build, apply and discharge while employing batch-scheduled or manual processing of waves.
- Allocate orders to clusters to pick from a single location, and arrange profiles to manage the validation and packing of items into shipping containers.
- Schedule cycle count locations and items.
- Configure inbound and outbound intelligent workflows.
- Build templates to sustain packing strategies.
- Set up cycle counting thresholds.
- Schedule plans.
Chapter 1 : Introduction to Warehouse Management
Chapter 2 : Setting Up Warehouse
- Lesson 1 – Set up general warehouse parameters
- Lesson 2 – Set up number sequences for warehouse management
- Lesson 3 – Set up parameters to create a warehouse location
- Lesson 4 – Set up reservation hierarchies
- Lesson 5 – Set up a unit sequence group
- Lesson 6 – Set up a work pool Configure print settings for labels
- Lesson 6 – Create a work template
- Lesson 7 – Create a location directive
Chapter 3 : Setting up Inbound And Outbound processes
Chapter 4 : Cycle counting and wave processing
Chapter 5 : Inbound processing and production Process
0.00 average based on 0 ratings