Chapter 1- Overview
Chapter 2 - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Lesson 1 – Report Data Sources
- Lesson 2 – Reporting architecture
- Lesson 3 – Native Mode Microsoft SharePoint Integrated Mode
- Lesson 4 – Report Development Tools and Process
- Lesson 5 – Deploying Reports and Working with Static Reports
- Lesson 6 – Report Parameters
- Lesson 7 – Creating and Using Style Templates
- Lesson 8 – Auto versus Precision Reports
- Lesson 9 – Integrating Data From Multiple Data Sources
- Lesson 10 – Creating a Drill Through Report
Chapter 3- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Chapter 4 - Enterprise portal and Role Centers
Lesson 6 – Auto Reports
Auto-reports are reports configured ahead of time that you can generate in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. You can create and save a custom auto-report that can be reused later when needed. For example, I want to print all the transactions that posted for main account 100000. Path to the form: General Ledger > Common > Main account > select the main account and click “Posted”.
Auto-reports are preconfigured reports that you can generate by clicking File > Print > Print in a Microsoft Dynamics AX form. You can quickly generate an auto-report for use once, or you can create and save a custom auto-report that can be reused later. This topic describes both of these scenarios.
Scenario: Quickly print a report for one-time use
You can use the auto-report functionality to quickly generate a report that displays the data that you are currently viewing in a Microsoft Dynamics AX form. The following procedure explains how to do so.
- Open the Microsoft Dynamics AX form that contains the data to print.
- Click File > Print > Print.
- The Autoreport form is displayed.
- To filter or sort the data on the report, click Select.
- An inquiry form is displayed. In this form, you can complete the following tasks:
- Click OK to return to the Autoreport form.
- Click OK to print the report to the screen
- Filter the data – To filter the data that is displayed on the report, click the Range tab. For information about how to filter the data, see Filter the data on a report.
- Sort the data – To sort the data that is displayed on the report, click the Sorting tab. For information about how to sort the data, see Sort the data on a report.
- Specify date options – To filter the data that is displayed on the report based on date information, click the Date options tab. Specify whether you want the report to display all active records, records that are active as of a specific date, or records that are active in a specific date range.