Module 1: DATA AND PROCESS MODEL
Module 2: MASTER TABLES AND PAGES
Module 3: DOCUMENTS
Module 4: POSTING
Module 5: FEATURE INTEGRATION
Module 6: REPORTING
Module 7: STATISTICS
Module 8: DIMENSIONS
Module 9: ROLE TAILORING
Module 10: INTERFACES
Module 11: WEB SERVICES
Module 12: TESTING AND DEBUGGING
Module 13: SQL SERVER OPTIMIZATION
- Lesson 1: SQL Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Lesson 2: Representation of NAV Tables and Indexes in SQL Server
- Lesson 3: Collation Options
- Lesson 4: SQL Server Query Optimizer
- Lesson 5: SQL Server Query Optimizer
- Lesson 6: Data Access Redesign
- Lesson 7: C/AL Database Functions and Performance on SQL Server
- Lesson 8: Bulk Inserts
- Lesson 9: Locking, Blocking, and Deadlocks
- Lesson 10: SIFT Data Storage in SQL Server
- Lesson 11: SQL Server Profiler
Lesson 2: Reporting Lab Overview
Reporting Lab Overview
Reporting Lab Overview : The customer’s functional requirements describe the need for the following reports and statistics:
- A list of the participants registered for a seminar.
- The total costs for each seminar, segregated into chargeable and nonchargeable costs to the customer.
- Statistics for different time periods, such as a month, last year, this year, or to the current date.
You can create two main reports to fulfill these requirements:
- A participant list
- A processing-only report that posts invoices
Use a lab in this module to implement each of these reports in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Create reports for the RoleTailored client.
Participant List Reporting
A review of the client’s specifications shows that reporting is required by the Seminar Management module. Begin the Analysis and Design of the needed reports.
Create a seminar participant list.
The client’s functional specifications require a Participant List report. This is a list of enrolled participants for a seminar. This report should be available from both the main Seminar menu and the Seminar Registration page.
To implement this report, you must create the following items:
- The report itself
- The Request page to set the parameters of the report
- The controls to access the report from a page
A page where you can select seminar reports
The information for the report originates from the Seminar Registration Header table and the Seminar Registration Line table. When users run this report, they select which Seminar Registration Headers to include. For each Seminar Registration Header table, the program then prints information from each corresponding Seminar Registration Line table.
Implementation of the Participant List report requires the creation of one new table that is called the Seminar Report Selections table. You must also change the Seminar Registration Header table . When users run this report, they select which Seminar Registration Headers to include. For each Seminar Registration Header table, the program then prints information from each corresponding Seminar Registration Line table in Microsoft Dynamics NAV