Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting : After running the deployment scripts and completing without errors, you can now verify and validate the online store deployment process.
This lesson also includes troubleshooting tips and actions to take for specific error messages.
The objectives are:
- Validate deployment of Retail online store.
- Handle error messages.
Verify Dynamics AX Publishing Connector
After a successful deployment, the Dynamics AX Publishing Connector Service runs in SharePoint Central Administration. At this point, the service displays an error, “No channel configuration could be found in the database,” which means that the channel has not been configured in Microsoft Dynamics AX yet.
Verify Online Store SharePoint Site Collections
After a successful deployment, you can view the Retail online store web applications and site collections in SharePoint Central Administration. If you specified different URLs for your web applications, adjust the URLS below accordingly.
In SharePoint Central Administration, open Application Management, and then open View all site collections. Here you should see all the site collections that are created under each web application.
Verify Creation and Sign In with a New Forms-Based User Account
You should be able to register a new user account and logon from the public URL. By completing the sign-up process, you verify SQL Server connectivity, SSL port settings, and SSL certificate bindings.
To verify and sign in with a new forms-based user account, follow these steps:
- Paste the public URL into a browser, and press Enter. For example: http://ServerName:40002/sites/RetailPublishingPortal
- Click Register a new account.
- Type an email address and a strong password in the required fields, and then click Create account. Note that if you see more than one email and password field on the page, it means that you executed the Deploy-FarmSolutions.ps1 script multiple times on this server. This is a known issue. To create the forms-based user account, you must type the email address and strong password in each field. Also be aware that you receive an error after you register the account because the online channel has not been configured in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Browse to the public portal site again (http:// ServerName:40002/sites/RetailPublishingPortal).
Click the Sign In link, and enter the information for the account that you just created. The system logs you onto the Contoso electronics site as a registered user.