Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
Setting up Online Store Integration
Setting up Online Store Integration : This lesson discusses setting up the online store integration
The objective is to configure the online store integration in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Online Store Integration Procedures
To set up the online store integration, you must set up the following components in Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Synch Service profile
- Online store database profile
- Application Object Server (AOS) profile
- Online channel profile
- Real-time Service profile
- Payment connector (United States only)
How to Set Up the Synch Service Profile
Synch Service shares data between the head office and the online store. Instances of Synch Service run at each site. A profile for Synch Service provides the connection string that enables Microsoft Dynamics AX to communicate with an instance of Synch Service that runs at the online storefront.
To create the Synch Service profile, perform the following steps in Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Open Retail > Setup > Retail scheduler > Channel integration > Commerce Data Exchange: Synch Service profiles.
- Press CTRL+N to create a new Synch Service profile.
- For the new service profile, specify the following information:
- Service name – Enter the name of the service as in the Synch Service Settings (Start > All Programs > Microsoft Dynamics AX > Commerce Data Exchange: Synch Service > Synch Service Settings).
- Server name – Enter the name of the server where Synch Service is installed.
- Port – Enter the port that is used by this instance of Synch Service. By default, Synch Service uses port 16750.
- Disable IPSec – Select this check box if you want like to bypass IPSec.
- Prefer IPv6 – Select this checkbox if both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols are available, and you prefer to use IPv6.
Commerce Data Exchange: Real-time Service profile – The name of Real-time Service profile for the online store. Real-time Service uploads status messages for Synch Service from the online store to the head office. If you want to upload status messages, you must associate a Real-time Service profile with the Synch Service profile. If you do not want this instance of Synch Service to provide status, leave this field blank.