Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 5: Refiners and Faceted Navigation
Refiners and Faceted Navigation
Refiners and Faceted Navigation : This lesson describes how dynamic navigation and facets work and how they are used.
The objective is to describe the basic concepts behind dynamic navigation and facets.
You can add refiners to a page to help users quickly browse to specific content. Refiners are based on managed properties from the search index and are managed through the Publishing Portal site collection.
There are two types of refiners (both are based on managed properties):
- Stand-alone refiners
- Refiners for faceted navigation
Stand-alone refiners are usually applied in scenarios where you have unstructured content, and where the refiners can be applied across all content. These refiners are often used on a search results page to narrow down search results. An example is brand or color that applies to all products.Microsoft Dynamkics Retail.
However, on a product site, we handle a number of different product categories, each with specific needs. For cameras, the number of pixels might be of interest, whereas the hard drive is important for computers.
We use a Content Search Web Part to display content on our category page. Because the Content Search Web Part uses search technology to display search results, we can use refiners to narrow search results that appear in the Content Search Web Part.SharePoint Developer
Adding refiners for faceted navigation is done on the tagging term set on the authoring side. When you specify which refiners to use in which category, it is helpful to use the tagging term set as a guide.
In our Contoso scenario, this is the Product Hierarchy term set. By default, when refiner’s label appears, the label displays the name of the Managed Property. If that is not what you need, you must specify the label which will be displayed for the label corresponding to the managed property.
By default, all children of a term inherit refiners that have been added to a parent term. For example, a refiner that is added to the term “Cameras” applies to all its children, such as “Camcorders” or “Camera accessories.” You can override this inheritance to add or remove refiners for a child category.