Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 2: Microsoft Dynamics AX Ecommerce Architecture and Components
Microsoft Dynamics AX Ecommerce Architecture and Components
Microsoft Dynamics AX Ecommerce Architecture and Components : This lesson details the high-level Ecommerce solution architecture and its components.
The objective is to discuss Microsoft Dynamics AX Ecommerce solution architecture and components.
Microsoft Dynamics Ecommerce Solution Architecture
Microsoft Dynamics Ecommerce solution consists of the following components, which are distributed across multiple computers and locations:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Retail module
- Commerce data exchange (CDX)
- Commerce runtime (CRT)
- Online storefront that leverages SharePoint Server 2013
The commerce runtime (CRT) component must be installed on SharePoint 2013. It includes a specially configured CRT database that stores data from the web storefront and shares it with Microsoft Dynamics AX in the head office regularly. Data replication helps make sure critical updates are made across the organization, including sales order payments, gift cards usage, and loyalty program. CRT provides a set of assemblies that connect to CRT database.
The online storefront is fully search driven, and it provides online store experience on multiple devices such as PCs, tablets, and mobile phones.
|Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Retail module||Retail is a module for Microsoft Dynamics AX that retailers use to manage a chain of online and retail (brick-and-mortar) stores as one enterprise. It controls daily operations and tracks sales information for every store in the chain.|
|Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Commerce Data Exchange||Commerce Data Exchange (CDX) is the communications mechanism of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Retail. CDX provides two services: Synch Service and Real-Time Service|
|Microsoft Dynamics AX Commerce Runtime||Microsoft Dynamics AX Commerce Runtime (CRT) delivers multi-channel commerce capability that has uniform extensibility. It facilitates business processing between the head office and online store and serves as the intermediary between Microsoft Dynamics AX and an online store.|
|Starter online store||A starter online store provides a developer platform that can be customized for specific business needs to reach online customers. The online store is configured at the head office. An online store can be used in isolation or in conjunction with a physical store. The online store uses Microsoft SharePoint products to provide rich customization capabilities.|