Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 5: Ecommerce Starter Site
Ecommerce Starter Site
Ecommerce Starter Site : This lesson provides an overview of the Ecommerce starter site and its components.
To objective is to describe the Ecommerce starter site and its components.
The Contoso starter store is installed when you deploy the Ecommerce solution on SharePoint as a part of the solution installation process. You can customize and rebrand the starter online store to meet your needs. You can create your own online store by using some of the elements of the starter store, customizing some elements, and adding your own elements.
The starter online store consists of the two site collections: the product catalog site collection and the publishing portal site collection. These collections are located in separate web applications:
- The product catalog web application uses Active Directory (AD) to authenticate content authors. The product catalog site collection contains a list of product data. All libraries and lists are shared as catalogs.
- The publishing portal web application uses AD authentication for designers and forms-based authentication for web users. This web application is configured to allow anonymous access for web users.
The search system indexes content from the authoring site and the product catalog site collection. When a user views a page on one of the publishing sites, queries from Search Web Parts on that page are sent to the search index. Results are returned from the search index, and shown in the Search Web Parts on the page.
The Microsoft Dynamics AX SharePoint Connector is a service that includes a SharePoint publishing job that runs in the OWSTimer.exe service. The job is called RetailPublishingJob and can be monitored in SharePoint 2013 Central Administration. It retrieves updated store and product information from the CRT database and pushes it into the product catalog site collection. The information is then crawled by Search.