Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings : This lesson describes how to use Microsoft Dynamics AX Setup to install the online channel on the SharePoint server, and how to configure settings.
Retail Online Channel includes components that are needed to provision an online sales channel on the SharePoint server. This component allows you to integrate data from Microsoft Dynamics AX into the SharePoint site.
You can also administer the online channel by using the Microsoft Dynamics AX client. After you install the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Retail online channel by using Dynamics AX Setup, a number of settings that must be edited in the oob-settings.xml (for all servers) and oob-topology.xml files for a server farm.
The objectives are:
- Learn the steps required to install the Retail online channel.
Describe the configuration settings in the online store XML files.
Install Retail Online Store
To install Retail online store, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Dynamics AX Setup. Under Install, select Microsoft Dynamics AX compone
- Advance through the first wizard pages.
- If the Setup Support files have not yet been installed on your server, the Select a file location page appears. The Setup Support files are required for installation. Provide a file location or accept the default location, and then click Next. On the Ready to install page, click Install.
- On the Select installation type page, click Custom installation, and then click Next.
- On the Select components page, select Retail Online Channel, and then click Next.
- On the Prerequisite validation results page, resolve any errors. For more information about how to resolve prerequisite errors, see Check Prerequisites.
- On the Ready to install page, click Install.
- After the installation is completed, click Finish to close the wizard
Windows Server 2012
If you deployed SharePoint Server 2013 on a server running Windows Server 2012, then you must complete the following procedure to ensure that the Microsoft.Web.Administration.dll is not overwritten in the server’s global assembly cache when you execute deployment scripts.
Note: You do not need to perform this procedure on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Open the xml file in the following directory on the SharePoint server:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Retail Online Channel\StoreFront\SP
- Delete the following line of code from the manifest.xml file:
- <Assembly Location=”Microsoft.Web.Administration.dll” DeploymentTarget=”GlobalAssemblyCache” />
- Save and close the file.