Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
Creating Online Store Navigation Structure : This lesson discusses setting up a navigation structure for an online store
The objective is to configure the navigation structure for the online store in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Online Store Navigation
For online store navigation, you create a category hierarchy that is used as a category structure for products that you offer through an online store. You define the category hierarchy, and then assign products, product attribute groups, and attribute values to the categories. Then, you assign the category hierarchy to an online store. When the online store is published, the category hierarchy defines the online store navigation structure. To this end, this category hierarchy is referred to as a retail channel navigation hierarchy. Any changes that you make to the retail channel navigation hierarchy in Microsoft Dynamics AX are updated when you republish the online store to SharePoint.
Setting the online store navigation includes the following steps in Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Set up retail channel navigation hierarchy.
- Enrich category data for presentation in an online store.
How to Set Up Retail Channel Navigation Hierarchy
To set up a retail channel navigation hierarchy, perform the following steps in Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Click Retail > Setup > Category hierarchies > Retail channel navigation hierarchies.
- On the Retail channel navigation hierarchies list page, on the Action Pane, in the New group, click Category hierarchy to create a new channel navigation hierarchy and enter a name and description for the category hierarchy.
- Click Edit to open the Category hierarchy form, and then create the structure of the category hierarchy.
- After the category structure has been created, you must assign the products to categories. In the left pane, in the tree structure, select a category you want to add products to.
To add products to selected category, on the Products FastTab, click Add to add one product at a time from the products list. Or, click Add products to open the Add products form, and then add one or more products to a selected category