Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
Creating and Configuring Online Store
This lesson discusses creating and configuring an online store.
The objective is to create and configure an online store in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Online Store Configuration
Setting up the online store includes the following steps in Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Create an online store.
- Assign the online store to the organizational hierarchy.
- Configure the online store..
How to Create an Online Store
When you create an online store, you define the online store navigation structure and basic information. The details that you define for the online store in Microsoft Dynamics AX control the behavior of the online store after it has been published.
To create an online store, perform the following steps in Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Click Retail > Common > Retail channels > Online stores. On the Online stores list page, on the Action Pane, on the Channel tab, click Online store.
- In the Online store form, on the General FastTab, provide the following information:
- Name – Enter a name for the new online store.
- Company – Select the legal entity that the online store belongs to.
- Warehouse – Select the warehouse that products are shipped or sourced from.
- Search name – Enter the store name that appears when a shopper searches for the store online.
- Category hierarchy – Select the navigation category hierarchy for the online store that you set up in the earlier lesson.
- Currency – Select the currency that is accepted by default for the online store.
- Default customer – Select the default customer for the online store. This customer can be used as a template to supply the shipping address and other transaction information if a new customer, who is not yet registered as a customer in the store, is added to an online transaction.
- Customer address book – Select the address book to which are added customer records that are created in the online store.
- Real-time Service profile – Select the Real-time service profile. The online store uses the profile data to access the Application Object Server (AOS) to retrieve or update information in real time.
- Prices include sales tax – Select this check box if the online store’s prices include sales tax or value added-tax (VAT).
- Email notification profile – Select the profile that contains the email message templates to use to communicate with customers at different points in the sales process for the online store.