Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OBJECTIVES
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Module 2: ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE
Module 3: INSTALLING ECOMMERCE COMPONENTS
- Lesson 1: Pre-installation Tasks
- Lesson 2: Deploy Retail Online Channel and Configure Settings
- Lesson 3: For Server Farm: Configure Settings in the oob-topology.xml File
- Lesson 4: Execute PowerShell Scripts to Deploy and Configure Online Store
- Lesson 5: Verifying the Retail Online Store Deployment and Troubleshooting
Module 4: ONLINE STORE SET UP AND PUBLISHING
- Lesson 1: Setting up Online Store Integration
- Lesson 2: Creating Online Store Navigation Structure
- Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Online Store
- Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
- Lesson 5: Managing and Publishing Online Store Products
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Shipping Charges for the Online Store
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
Lesson 4: Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store
Configuring Data Distribution and Publishing an Online Store : This lesson discusses setting up data distribution for an online store and the publishing process.
- Configure data distribution and scheduling for an online store in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Publish the online store from Microsoft Dynamics AX to the online storefront.
Data Distribution and Publishing
To set up data distribution and publishing, follow these steps in Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Set up distribution location
- Publish an online store
- Deploy the initial dataset
- Set up a distribution location list
- Set up a distribution schedule
How to Set Up Distribution Location
A distribution location is a record that links Microsoft Dynamics AX to an online store database. Distribution locations represent the destinations for distributed data. You set up a distribution location to set up the links between Microsoft Dynamics AX and the CRT database that you use to publish the online store.
To set up a distribution location, perform the following steps in AX.
- Click Retail > Setup > Retail scheduler > Distribution locations.
- Complete the following information.
- Location number – If you are creating a new distribution location, enter a unique ID for the distribution location
- Description – Enter a description of the distribution location.
- Channel – Select an online store channel.
- On the General FastTab, select the communication profiles for the selected distribution location:
- Database profiles – Select the database connection profile for this location. When you select a database profile, related information automatically appears in other fields in the form.
- Channel profile – Select the channel profile for this location. When you select a channel profile, related information automatically appears in other fields in the form.
- Retail channel schema – Select a schema, based on the version of Microsoft Dynamics AX that you are using and the online channel that you are setting up
- Send data – Select this check box because the data is sent from Microsoft Dynamics AX to the distribution location.
- Receive data – Select this check box because the data is sent from the distribution location to Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Continuous data transfer schedule – Select a scheduleOn the Data exchange FastTab, enter information about how data is exchanged between Microsoft Dynamics AX and the distribution location: