Module 1: E-COMMERCE TECHNICAL OVERVIEW
Module 2: DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
Module 3: BRANDING THE E-COMMERCE SITE
Module 4: ECOMMERCE WEB PARTS
Module 5: SEARCH CONFIGURATION AND CUSTOMIZATION
Module 6: COMMERCE RUNTIME SERVICES
Module 7: TESTING, DEPLOYMENT AND VERSIONING OF ECOMMERCE SITE
Lesson 2: Manage Query Rules
Manage Query Rules
Manage Query Rules : In a queryrule, you specify conditions and correlated actions. When a query meets the conditions in a query rule, the search system performs the actions specified in the rule to improve the relevance of the search results, such as by narrowing results or changing the order in which results are displayed. For example, a query rule condition could be that a term in a query matches a particular term in a SharePoint term set, or that a query is frequently performed on a particular result source in a search system, such as videos. When the query rule condition is satisfied, a correlated action could be to show a specific item at the top of the search results.
You can configure query rules for one or more result sources, and you can specify the time period during which the query rule is active.
- How to create a new Query rule
- Create and display a result block
- Change ranked search results
- Make a query rule inactive
- Rank query rules
Creating query rules at different levels in a SharePoint farm
You can create a query rule for a Search service application, a site collection, or a site. The following table shows the permissions that are required to create a query rule in each case, and where the query rule can be used.
To add or edit a query rule, you must go to the Manage queryrules page. Depending on the level at which you are creating the query rule, use one of the following procedures to go to the Manage queryrules page.
To go to the Manage query rules page for a Search service application
- Verify that the user account that performs this procedure is an administrator for the Search service application.
- In Central Administration, in the Application Management section, click Manage service applications.
- Click the Search service application to which you want to add query rules.
- On the Search Administration page for the Search service application, in the Quick Launch, in the Queries and Results section, click Query Rules.
To go to the Manage query rules page for a site collection
- Verify that the user account that performs this procedure is a site collection administrator.
- On the Settings menu for the site collection, click Site Settings.
- On the Site Settings page, in the Site Collection Administration section, click Search QueryRules.
To go to the Manage query rules page for a site
- Verify that the user account that performs this procedure is a member of the Owners group for the site.
- On the Settings menu for the site, click Site Settings.
- On the Site Settings page, in the Site Administration section, click QueryRules.