Module 1: E-COMMERCE TECHNICAL OVERVIEW
Module 2: DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
Module 3: BRANDING THE E-COMMERCE SITE
Module 4: ECOMMERCE WEB PARTS
Module 5: SEARCH CONFIGURATION AND CUSTOMIZATION
Module 6: COMMERCE RUNTIME SERVICES
Module 7: TESTING, DEPLOYMENT AND VERSIONING OF ECOMMERCE SITE
Lesson 1: Configure Development Environment
Configure Development Environment
Configure Development Environment : This lesson will help you set up a development environment so that you can customize the online starter store (e-commerce) site.
Before You Get Started
Before you start to set up your development environment to customize the online store, you must install and configure Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Dynamics AX Retail components. After you install the Retail components, you must configure the Retail online store.
Retail Online Channel includes components that you must have to set up an online sales channel that uses Microsoft SharePoint products. You can use this component to integrate data from Microsoft Dynamics AX into the SharePoint site. You can also administer the online channel by using the Microsoft Dynamics AX client.
Install Visual Studio 2012, Tools and Client Components
When you install Visual Studio 2012, Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 and SharePoint client components, you receive all the templates and tools that you must have to develop and customize the Retail online store site when you use SharePoint 2013 on the local development computer and CRT services.After you install Visual Studio 2012, download and install Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 and the SharePoint Client Components
Install Retail SDK
The Retail Software Development Kit (SDK) includes sample code and templates that can be used to customize Retail for Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Install Retail SDK on the SharePoint server, where you have configured the StoreFront site. This means the e-commerce components.
To install Retail SDK, follow these steps. If you install other Microsoft Dynamics AX components at the same time, the installation pages vary, depending on the components that you are installing.
- Start Microsoft Dynamics AX Setup. Under Install, select Microsoft Dynamics AX components.
- Advance through the first wizard pages.
- If the Setup Support files are not installed on this computer, the Select a file location page is displayed. The Setup Support files are required for installation. Provide a file location or accept the default location, and then click Next. On the Ready to install page, click Install.
- On the Select installation type page, click Custom installation, and then click Next.
- On the Select components page, select Retail SDK, and then click Next.
- On the Prerequisite validation results page, resolve any errors. When no errors remain, click Next. For more information about how to resolve prerequisite errors, go to Check prerequisites at:
Reference Links: http://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/gg731884.aspx.
- On the Ready to install page, click Install.
- After the installation is complete, click Finish to exit the wizard.