Chapter 1: X++ Unit Test Framework
Chapter 2: Working with Data
Chapter 3: Classes
Chapter 4: Forms
Chapter 5: Visual Studio Integration
Chapter 6: Workflow
Lesson 3 : Create a Workflow Type
Creating a Workflow Type
To add and creating a workflow type support for a document in Microsoft Dynamics AX, you must create a workflow type. This section describes the procedures to create a workflow type in Microsoft Dynamics AX. The workflow type can then be used to create workflow configurations for the document the Microsoft Dynamics AX.
You create workflow types to define:
- The workflow document to assign the workflow to.
- A category that defines the module that the workflow type is available in.
- Tasks, automated tasks, and approvals supported for the workflow.
- The workflow started, completed, configuration data change, and canceled event handlers.
- A SubmitToWorkflowMenuItem.
In This Section you will also learn about,
- Workflow Type Checklist
- How to: Create a Workflow Category
- How to: Create a Query for a Workflow Type
- How to: Create a New Workflow Type
- How to: Create a Workflow Document Class
- How to: Create a SubmitToWorkflow Class
- How to: Associate a Workflow Document Class with a Workflow Type
A workflow type defines the business document being acted upon, the supported AOT elements, and event handlers and menu items for the workflow. Workflows are created based on a type, and many workflows can be based on the same type.
Demonstration: Creating a Workflow Type
Perform the following steps to create a workflow type and bind it to the workflow category created in the previous demonstration.
- Open the AOT.
- Expand the Workflow
- Right–click on the Workflow Types node and select Add-ins > Workflow type wizard.
- Click Next.
- Enter SalesCreditLimitAppr in the name.
- Enter SalesCategory in the Category.
- Enter SalesCreditLimitApproval in the query.
- Enter SalesTable in the Document menu item.