CHAPTER 1 - Introduction to X++
CHAPTER 2 - X++ Control Statements
CHAPTER 3 - Objects and Classes
CHAPTER 4: Accessing the Database
CHAPTER 5: Exception Handling
CHAPTER 6: Security for Developers
Lesson 6 – Communication Tools
Communication tools Communicating with the end-user is important and critical for an application to run correctly.
The main types of communication include:
- Forms and reports used for input and output of larger amounts of data.
- Print statements, Infologs and dialog boxes generally used for specific data input and output.
This lesson discusses how to use the print statement, create dialog boxes and Infologs. Forms and reports are covered in more detail in the next development course.
The pause line freezes the output text on the screen after the code runs so that it is easier to read. The pause statement causes a message box to pop up. It lets the user continue or end code execution. The print statement should not be used within the actual application business logic. It is used only as a programmers tool to display data or values while developing and debugging code.
There are mainly 4 types of communication tools in dynamics ax 2012 they are,
PRINT : Pass any datatype in this print method , it will print on the output screen.
1. Boxes are used to take the defined inputs.
2. For all boxes the base class is ‘Box‘.
3. All types of box Methods are denoted by static methods inside Box class.
4. Boxes which have yes,no,cancel button then their return type is “Dialogbutton” baseenum.
5. ok , cancel, oncemodal return type is “Boolean“.
1. Only displays string as a result.
2. for displaying any other type of data we use ‘strFmt( )‘ method to typecast anything to a string.
3. Info does not allow inputs from the user. Its for view purpose only.
1. Any Input to put from a keyboard , and based on data the program to execute then we go for dialog.
2. Its Class Name is ‘Dialog‘.
3. It is a Class which has more number of static and object classes.