CHAPTER 1: ARCHITECTURE
CHAPTER 2 : DATA DICTIONARY
CHAPTER 3 : USER INTERFACES
CHAPTER 4 : SECURITY
Lesson 3 : Features of Microsoft Dynamics AX
Features of Microsoft Dynamics AX is a unique and powerful solution that contains functional and development environment,which include the following:
- Functional Single database architecture is used for all companies in the organization.
- Highly integrated design between functional areas such as resource planning, sales, and manufacturing.
- Dimension-based system for all modules.
- Advanced features such as Forecasting and Master Planning are available.
- Multi-currency and Multi-language capabilities.
- Development environment features o Microsoft Dynamics AX MorphX is an integrated development environment (IDE) for developing in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Visual Studio is an alternative development environment for web, report and managed code development.
- The Application Object Tree (AOT) provides a uniform and compact viewing repository.
- Drag-and-drop functionality is supported for many programming tasks.
- Projects help organize and track customized applications in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Below are the 5 main reasons why Dynamics AX 2012 is a great fit for organizations:
- Purposely built for the public sector – Dynamics AX 2012 helps manage complex regulatory, budget, and grant compliance requirements to optimize the use of funds. It has capabilities built in to increase accountability, transparency, and performance unique to the Public Service sector. These industry specific features are available right out-of-the-box.
- Improved delivery of services – Dynamics AX 2012 proactively tracks revenues, expenditures, and personnel resources against defined budget objectives. With Dynamics AX 2012 quickly access real-time information to improve decision making and help control spending.
- Ability to adapt easily to evolving needs of stakeholders – Integrated customer relationship management (CRM) tools can help gain deeper insight into patron and stakeholder needs. Use this insight to adjust processes for better service delivery. Flexible budget controls allows for the agility to align resources with budget objectives.
- Address mandates – Adapt to changing regulatory and administrative requirements with real-time insight and configurable workflows. Manage complex multiyear, multi funded projects and grant requirements for timely reimbursement.
- Support transparency and openness – Increase organizational transparency and agility with budget visibility, helping you avoid budget overruns before funds are committed. Role-based security enforces better control and accountability.