Part 1: Finance Essentials in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Lesson 1: Financial Management Setup
- Lesson 2: Chart of Accounts
- Lesson 3: General Journals
- Lesson 4: Cash Management – Receivables and Payables Management
- Lesson 5: Cash Management – Bank Reconciliations
- Lesson 6: Receivables and Payables Management – Customer and Vendor Invoicing
- Lesson 7: Receivables and Payables Management – Payment Discount and Payment Tolerance
- Lesson 8: Receivable Management – Reminders and Finance Charge Memos
- Lesson 9: VAT
- Lesson 10: Prepayments
- Lesson 11: Year-End Closing
Part 2: Finance Advanced in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Part 3: Fixed Assets
- Lesson 1: Acquire Fixed Assets
- Lesson 2: Maintain Fixed Assets
- Lesson 3: Insure Fixed Assets
- Lesson 4: Transfer, Split, or Combine Fixed Assets
- Lesson 5: Revalue Fixed Assets
- Lesson 6: Depreciate or Amortize Fixed Assets
- Lesson 7: Dispose of or Retire Fixed Assets
- Lesson 8: Manage Budgets for Fixed Assets
Lesson 2: Chart of Accounts
Chart of Accounts
The chart of accounts shows the ledger accounts that store your financial data. Business Central includes a standard chart of accounts that is ready to support your business. However, you can change the default accounts, and you can add new accounts
Adding or Changing Accounts
From the chart of accounts, you can open each G/L accounts and add or change settings.
Note : You can delete a general ledger account. However, before you delete it, the following must be true:
- The balance on the accounts must be zero.
- The Allow G/L Acc. Deletion Before field must be set on the General Ledger Setup page, and the account must not have ledger entries on or after that date.
- If the Check G/L Account Usage field on the General Ledger Setup page is selected, then the account must not be used in any posting groups or posting setup.
Business Central will prevent you from deleting a general ledger account that stores data that is needed in the chartof accounts.