Ideal Magento Design Insights provides insights for Creating and maintaining the designs.
Duration: 6 hours, Two 3-hour sessions
Win the competition with a feature-rich website utilizing your creativity and Magento
Web designers, Front-end Developers
This course assumes the student has taken the “Managing Your Magento Store” course and/or has equivalent knowledge of basic Magento concepts, such as the Admin panel and how to navigate around it. Moreover Ideal Magento design insights functionality such as Catalog, CMS, and Multi-site. The participant should have a general understanding of how catalogs, products, customers, and promotions relate to one another, along with a high level of familiarity with CSS style sheets including how to customize them and the ability to work with HTML code.
This course is designed to enable the full-service web designer to better understand the features available to create a customized Magento store theme for a Magento Enterprise Edition or Magento Community Edition website.
- Identify how to access included themes.
- Identify which elements a skin controls, which elements a theme controls, and CSS file affects which elements.
- Describe special considerations for Magento Enterprise Edition.
- Above all, Explain how to change the theme in Magento.
- Describe design considerations when planning content that will be shared for use with mobile.
- Describe the overall file structure (as it relates to the components of interest to a web designer).
1. Customizing Magento’s Appearance
2. Creating and Managing Content
3. Getting Ready for Business
Methods and Materials
This course is comprised of lecture and lab. Each student receives a student guide, which includes a complete copy of the course presentation, exercise handouts, exercise solutions, and a virtual environment and tools along with sample files they can use to complete the exercises. Students will utilize their own laptops for course exercises and labs.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings