Magento Checkout is a proper guidance for Magento checkout process.
Duration: 6-Part Series for the Advanced Magento Developer
Senior Magento developers with at least 1 year of full-time experience developing Magento extensions.
These courses assume that the student has taken further the “Fundamentals of Magento Development” course or has equivalent knowledge of basic Magento architectural concepts, as well as more advanced Magento functionality such as:
- Catalog – Understanding different product types, and having a general understanding of how a, product’s final price is calculated.
- Indexing – Understanding its role in price calculation.
- Customer operations – Understanding basic customer functionality.
The student should also have:
- Above all high level of familiarity developing in a LAMP stack environment.
- The ability to work in a Linux-based system.
- Moreover a good understanding of the basic concepts of configuring an Apache web server and the configuration of PHP required for Magento.
- A general understanding of Magento database structure, including the ability to write, optimize, and debug MySQL queries and design appropriate database schemas for required tasks.
Please refer to the specific course description for any additional prerequisites.
This series of courses provides an in-depth understanding of the architecture of Checkout in Magento, as well as hands-on practice in creating customized Checkout functionality according to Magento best practices.
After this series of courses, you should be able to:
- Trace the flow of data during checkout operations.
- Determine when customization is necessary.
- Design customizations more quickly and efficiently.
- Reduce the total time you spend creating and debugging Magento customizations.
Each course is in the lecture-lab format, with extensive hands-on exercises on Magento EE.
Courses in the Series:
- I: Shopping Cart and Price Calculations
- II: One-Page Checkout, On-Demand Format
- III: Shipping
- IV: Payment
- V: Order Placement
- VI: Taxes and Discounts
Methods and Materials
Meanwhile this course is comprised of lecture and lab. Each student receives a Student Guide, which includes a complete copy of the course presentation, exercise handouts, exercise solutions, and access to Magento Enterprise Edition source code during the course. Students use their own laptops for course exercises and labs.
In addition to in-class exercises, additional time outside of class will be required to complete homework assignments.
Part I is the prerequisite to all subsequent Checkout courses. We recommend taking the other courses in sequential order. Part II is a short on-demand course that is a required prerequisite to Parts III, IV and V.
Magento Checkout Part I: Shopping Cart & Price Calculations
Course Description In Part I, experienced Magento developers will learn how to make customizations related to the “Add-to-Cart” functionality and the process of calculating the prices of items in the shopping cart. Course Outline
- 1. General overview of Checkout in Magento
- Checkout concepts
- General Checkout flow
- One-Page Checkout in Magento
- Multishipping Checkout in Magento
- 2. Shopping Cart
- • Key entities in the shopping cart workflow
- • Add-to-Cart flow
- • Database structure
- • Different product types in the cart
- • Quote
- • Quote Item
- • Quote Addres
- • Address Item vs. Quote Item
- 3. Price Calculations
- • Factors that affect price
- • Total models architecture
- • Subtotal and grand total models
- Learning Objective
Magento Checkout Part II: One-Page Checkout
Magento Checkout Part III: Shipping
- Course Description
- Course Note
- 1. Shipping method key definitions
- • Shipping address, shipping method, shipping carrier, shipping rate, package, package weight, shipment handling, shipment tracking info
- 2. Shipping-related steps of the Magento one-page checkout
- • General flow of saving shipping address and shipping rates
- • Shipping method processing flow
- 3. Shipping method architecture in Magento
- • Native shipping methods Overview
- • Typical shipping method configuration
- • Shipping carrier and rate
- 4. Magento shipping rates calculation approach
- • Calculation rates flow overview
- • Rate request/response objects concept
- • Building and executing shipping rate request
- 5. Shipping price calculation
- • Shipping total model
- • Shipping promotions
- • Get a quote functionality
- 6. Native shipping method
- • Flat rate
- • Free shipping
- • Table rate
- • USA-related methods (FedEx, UPS, USPS)
- Learning Objectives
Magento Checkout Part IV: Payments
Course Description Experienced Magento developers will gain a deeper understanding of the architecture of Payment methods in Magento, including native methods, the PayPal methods family, credit card related operations, and partial payment operations. The important roles of the Quote, Order, Payment method, Payment information and Invoice payment objects are explored. In hands-on exercises, students will learn how that knowledge makes it easier and more efficient to create, troubleshoot, and debug custom payment methods.
- Course Note
- 1. Payment methods Architecture
- • Payment method requirements overview
- • Configuration
- • Payment method architecture
- • Quote, Order, and Invoice payment objects
- 2. Native payment methods overview
- • Embedded
- • Gateways
- • Hosted
- 3. Credit card operations configuration
- • Payment Actions
- • Authorize
- • Capture
- • Refund
- • Void
- • Partial Operations
- 4. PayPal methods family
- • PayPal Payments Family
- • Billing agreement
- Recurring profiles
- 5. Transactions and invoices
- • Process of storing transaction information in Magento
- • Invoicing authorized orders
- Learning Objectives
Magento Checkout Part V: Order Placement
Course Description Experienced Magento developers will gain a deeper understanding of the architecture of order placement, the final step of the checkout process in Magento.
- Course Note
- Part 1: Submit Order
- • Introduction: Checkout process recap
- • Order Review Page: Review totals, Link to shopping cart, Price calculation
- • Order Placement: Classes involved, Service model, Order saves vs. order placement
- Part 2: Order Placement
- • Order Grid
- • Inventory Management
- • Order Success Page
- • Custom Controller for Order Placement
- • API
- Learning Objectives
Magento Checkout Part VI: Taxes & Discounts
Course Description Experienced Magento developers will gain a deeper understanding of the architecture of taxes and promotions in Magento. Along the way they will learn the tax calculation process and how to extend and configure Magento Taxes according to best practices. Various tax configurations and different types of taxes are considered. Second part of the course is about shopping cart price rules. Students will be able to configure and extend price rules; understand, customize, and use free shipping functionality; and become familiar with the conditioning rule engine in Magento, which helps to create custom conditions or rule actions.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings